User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Are you more happy, or less happy with your social interactions as an RVer?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Happier (comments welcome; greater variety etc)

2 100.00%
  • Less Happy (fewer days with friends, fewer great friends etc)

0 0%
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to GD, just got 2021 397TH, in our 50s with 13yo, making RV community ties...

Hello,
    This is Ken and Wendee Green, outside Chicago. We're Engineers (defense and healthcare, resp.) looking to explore combining adventure travel, work (full- or part-time, as we adapt our finances and living expenses), school and stick-n-bricks living.
    Community relationships is one of our big concerns, as we travel-- sharing experiences and fun with other people is a major part of our lives. We don't want to lose that while we spend less time with our immediate (stationary) community of friends and family. We are both somewhat introverted (like most engineers), but as the current social separation has taught us: we need people! (to be around them, hug, laugh and cry with them...)
    I'd love to hear from other mid-career technical-types who have experience mixing all those things together.
    I'll start out with a bang by making a poll (for RVers who travel 3 or more months a year):
    Are you more satisfied, or less satisfied with your social interactions, since you've started RVing (this poll is for people who RV for say 3 months or more a year). Please disregard the current pandemic situation (I'm looking for answers independent of temporary [we hope!] situations).
    Thanks!
    Wendee and Ken

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Ken and Wendee! Glad you're here! Congrats on the new rig! If you want to meet people come to the National Rally...there's 1200 to socialize with LOL. It's the week before Labor Day in Goshen IN. Less than 100 miles from you.

I know what you mean about being an engineer. My brothers a EE and he won't even call me...

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome!

I'm an engineer's engineer, but my career was forged in consulting so developing people skills a must.

Nikki is a psychologist. Imagine the fun of the combination!

Both of us can be either social are perfectly content with limited to no social interaction, which is why the pandemic has not affected us like it has with extroverts.

We've both been campers since we were born, and didn't start RVing till a couple years into marriage when we gave up tents and bought our first pop-up. Decades since, we have our Solitude and travel more than 3 months a year. We have several camping circles we are part of near and far from home base. Campers are a subculture of our own, and up until recent times I would say helpful, considerate, laid-back, and value the quality of time with nature, family, and friends new and old. Do not be turned off by my caveat though as it's too early to say what long-term looks like for the absolute incredible influx of folks into camping/glamping COVID-19 has brought, but some do worry us seasoned campers because it has resulted in issues closing prime boondocking land, trampled natural treasures, and put some crinkles in good camping etiquette. Please join us with embracing tread lightly and carrying out what you've brought in.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania