User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remove tongue jack foot?

Here's a question I haven't seen in the forums - do you remove your Imagine's tongue jack foot for traveling? I've seen it mentioned in the owner's manual but I haven't noticed if anyone actually does it in real life...
    Last edited by ValKyrie; 03-07-2021 at 03:43 PM.
    2019 RAM Bighorn 6.4 Hemi
    2021 Imagine 2500RL
    Bella the chocolate Lab!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ValKyrie View Post
    Here's a question I haven't found seen in the forums - do you remove your Imagine's tongue jack foot for traveling? I've seen it mentioned in the owner's manual but I haven't noticed if anyone actually does it in real life...
    I do not have an imagine, but Have been towing TTs for about 30 years. I ALWAYS removed the foot. It takes all of 15 seconds. All it takes is one incidence of it dragging to ruin your trip.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't but I do raise it all the way. When raised it sits higher then the hitch shank so there's no way that it will catch or drag.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't take ours off either, but when I raise the jack I make sure that the foot is above my equalization bars.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on your trailer I think. I do not remove the foot pad. The jack post on my trailer is fit into the pad with the same clearance regardless of whether the pad is removed or not. Removing the foot pad doesn’t really add any additional clearance. If you are worried about a drag, best to upgrade to a skid plate style foot pad, readily available for less than $20CDN/$16US.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a longer foot I bought years ago. It comes off when we travel.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don travel with the foot on either. We use a "Hitch Helper" instead of normal trailer tongue jack foot, during the season. When setting up we lay the Hitch Helper perpendicular to the trailer so that the post aligns with the cup on the top of it. With it we can shift the trailer about 6" inches in either direction, buy turning the worm gear. This make hitching up the Hensley hitch a snap, but it would work with any hitch. After we hitch up I put the hitch helper inside the storage compartment. With it you don't have to be so perfect when backing up. We typically put a 2x6 or 6x6 under the hitch helper and we don't use when the trailer is not going to used for a long time. It costs about $35 and can be found at https://hensleymfg.com/product/hitch-helper/.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got one of these, now the foot retracts automatically and it lessens the amount we need to move the jack each time. Double check your post diameter, not 100% sure if this is the right size. https://www.amazon.com/Fastway-88-00.../dp/B003CE283I

Anything I can get that reduces setup/teardown time by a few seconds is worth it in my book.
    Last edited by DarthMuffin; 03-15-2021 at 09:20 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMuffin View Post
    We got one of these, now the foot retracts automatically and it lessens the amount we need to move the jack each time. Double check your post diameter, not 100% sure if this is the right size. https://www.amazon.com/Fastway-88-00.../dp/B003CE283I

Anything I can get that reduces setup/teardown time by a few seconds is worth it in my book.
    I use the same one and love it!
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My foot goes up further than my WDH bars and draw bar. As well I pull the pin and put the foot into the jack as far up as it will go so basically foot or no foot makes less than 1/2" differences so I leave it on when travelling.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada