Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brought home new rig

Just brought home our new 261BH. Overall happy. It's got ripples on the left-side wall in front of the slide, which I'm not thrilled about, and there are little fit & finish things that could be better (hatches that are hard to close, etc), but I guess nothing too unexpected. All functional. Though my wife misread the switches and turned the hot water heater on dry yesterday for a couple hours. Might have cooked that, oops. Definitely appreciate how much more space it has than our X213 did, and I love the layout.

Tows real nice, too. Tow rig is a '19 F250 gasser. Abysmal gas mileage and it revs a bit to get up inclines, but I expected that. Rides real nice with the weight of the trailer softening up the rear suspension a bit . Tows much more confidently than our F150 towed our X213. The dealer overestimated the sag IMO and so it's towing slightly nose up, which I don't think is ideal. No sway, but looks a little off and I may see if I can drop the ball one notch. As I recall, slightly nose down is considered a better option than slightly nose up, if you can't get perfectly level. The dealer didn't measure anything other than ball height when installing, so who knows what the actual distribution is like until I get it on some scales.

Only thing I immediately don't like is the tongue jack. So sloooooooow, and it tops out the jack travel with about two millimeters of clearance for the ball. We went camping last night on the way home, and it worked out okay, but I ordered a Camco pedestal from Amazon so I wouldn't worry about having enough travel for the jack when we got home. They delivered it while we were backing the trailer into it's spot, perfect timing .

Anyways, just thought I'd share. We're happy to have the new toy and hope it's as trouble free as possible for a few years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 261bh_crooked_river.jpg  
    Last edited by rootusrootus; 03-07-2021 at 05:17 PM.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5