User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gainestr View Post
    So, you have a 70Amp Converter/charger that puts out 20Amps?
    It was DC Amps of 61A DC into the batteries
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gainestr View Post
    So, you have a 70Amp Converter/charger that puts out 12Amps? Is this normal? Exactly how are these manufacturers rating their products? I feel like I’m missing something here. EDIT: I can see that your getting 61Amps of DC power. That’s more like I expected to see.

I thought that I could charge my battery using my 55Amp Lead Acid converter to the 13.65 volt output that it claims to have and then I could top off once a month or so using my small 20Amp LiFePO4 charger. I’ve discovered that my small LiFePO4 charger has more output (20 Amps) than the WFCO controller has (around 12 - 15 at most). And I’m not a fan at all of the way Progressive Dynamics chargers work with a constant 14.6 volt charge with no shut off. Even if I disconnect the Progressive Dynamics charger from the battery it is still providing an over voltage of 14.6v to my DC lights and appliances (it should drop to 13.6-13.8V) That can’t be good long term at all.
    I need a controller that I can manually switch from bulk charge of 14.6V down to a float charge of 13.6V or one that will do it manually but I also want a constant Amp output of between 40 and 50 Amps.
    I guess I need to look at a solar option for charging and remove the controller/charger from the LiFePO4 battery all together. But that still won’t help me when I want to charge my battery using a generator.
    NO
    It puts out 60a dc into my 4 batteries.

The converter does not use AC power if the batteries are full, except a trickle on the newer converters. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    NO
    It puts out 60a dc into my 4 batteries.
    Ok, got it. I clearly need to get rid of the standard charge controller in my RV and get one that supports lithium and then I’ll get the higher amp output and be able to charge the battery faster. Thanks for all your help everyone. It’s starting to make sense to me now! 😉

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234