Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Malco1,
    I appreciated the information. I will look into.

Dutchman2

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    Timbrens will help a lot. They replace the regular bump stops, and are very easy to install. Also they are not too expensive, less than $250 for my Ford F250
    Malco1/Second Chance,
    I moved the Companion Hitch forward 2" from the furthest back location. This place the pin slightly in front of the axel based on visual line up. Hooked up the FW and traveled about 80 miles. We were very surprised at the reduction in chucking. 97% gone as we crossed over bridges etc. Very noticeable difference. Not completely gone, but we can live with it. No worst than the TT we had before. I have also ordered a set of Timbren's to add TV stability.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Dutchman2

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    Timbrens will help a lot. They replace the regular bump stops, and are very easy to install. Also they are not too expensive, less than $250 for my Ford F250
    Malco1,
    Just finished a 2,400 mile trip with the Timbrens installed on our GMC 2500HD. Very noticeable stability increase. We had 25-35mph constant crosswind on both days of traveling in and out of Colorado. The increased stability was a confidence booster. Overall ride quality was very close to OEM with typical road conditions. I will say that on sever compression bumps you know there is additional support in the rear. Truck squatted only 1 3/4" in the rear vs. the 2.5" recorded prior to installation. Truck is level now front to rear with the 337RLS hooked up. Unloaded there is no ride quality issue at all as they are not engaged with the bump stop on the axel. There is @1.5" of clearance unloaded. Money well spent. They are staying installed.

Dutchman2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12