User Tag List

Thread: Generator size

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generator size

WE have a 2018 Relfection 337, we have one AC unit, just getting ready to install the Magnum 2000 Watt inverter. We are shopping for a generator and want a size that is somewhat portable but yet big enough to run our AC, and microwave, not necessarily at the same time. We want for sure an electric start and probably a remote start. The unit i have my eye on is the Onan Cummins P4500i. 4500 starting watts and 3700 running watts. Should this unit run the AC and other small outlets at the same time?? Suggestions?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That P4500 looks good and should be enough for what you are looking at running. I'm also generator shopping and am leaning heavily towards the Westinghouse igen4500df. The ratings and unit look very similar to the Onan you referenced. With the Westinghouse I can get it at Lowes and get 10% off with a military discount.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Onan & Westinghouse are the same generator. Different case colors. I went with the Onan, their warranty repair is marginally better.
    The remote start works well, but read in reviews, when I was researching generators, you need to have the switch at the generator turned on, that leaves a light on that will drain the battery eventually. I personally don't use the remote so have not tested that.
    Took three months to receive it thru Norwall.
    Last edited by Gronk1; 03-08-2021 at 01:07 PM.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thepotters View Post
    WE have a 2018 Relfection 337, we have one AC unit, just getting ready to install the Magnum 2000 Watt inverter. We are shopping for a generator and want a size that is somewhat portable but yet big enough to run our AC, and microwave, not necessarily at the same time. We want for sure an electric start and probably a remote start. The unit i have my eye on is the Onan Cummins P4500i. 4500 starting watts and 3700 running watts. Should this unit run the AC and other small outlets at the same time?? Suggestions?
    I have a Champion 3400W on the back of my 303. It is a gas only model with remote start. It runs the main AC with no problem. I never tried the microwave. I make sure the water heater and frig are on gas.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for the gas powered Champion 3400W generator. Will run my AC on ECO mode but haven't tried running the AC and Microwave at the same time.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Harbor Freight Predator 3500 for the last 3 yrs on the back of my 2016 303RLS has been great has run my front A/C with no problem. Been to Alaska and back with it and it has run great.
    John & Joan
    w/Dakota & Cooper
    Tidewater VA
    2016 303 RLS (#7608) Build 3/16
    Dodge 2004.5 S/B
    B & W Companion Slider Hitch

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for the Westinghouse/Onan I4500DF. It's a little heavy (just under 100 lbs), but we have no worries running everything in our rig, and run ours only on LP. It has not seen gas since it was tested in the factory. No worries about gummed up carb or gas tank during storage, and don't have to carry extra gas. The propane bottle can be refilled or exchanged anywhere. Yes, there is about a 10% loss of power but we feel that all of the positives outweigh the power loss.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thepotters View Post
    I use the Onan p4500i runs one A/C not both, one 13.5k A/C for up to 14 hours with occasional use of microwave, lights and entertainment center. Chose the Onan due to service network, it works had to use it once. Paid a few extra bucks for it but you’ll be able to get service just about anywhere. This isn’t one of those you bought it it’s yours to figure out when there is a problem.
    2017 F-250 6.7 2019 273 MK
    Retired Tanker Yanker
    My your pleasures be many and your troubles be few!