User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

337RLS Bedroom Slide Binding

First major problem hit yesterday. Bedroom slide closed approximately 95% when I saw the bed platform twist slightly to one side. The slide then stopped about 2" short of full closed. Went outside and confirmed the slide was slightly cocked to one side and not fully closed. The rear side of the slide was protruding about 1" the front side was protruding about 2". Tried synchronizing the motors as per the Lippert Utube video but to no avail. Off to the dealer!
    Steve and Bonnie
    Appomattox, VA
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    VIN: 573FR3624E3300391
    2013 Ram 3500 Dually

Steve and Lynne
    Steve and Bonnie
    Sorry to hear! We posted previously- had to have gears/tracks replaced on slide sidewalls. Our VIN is very close to yours, possibly a bad batch from Schwintek/Lippert. Dean Brovont at Grand Design emailed me information on programming controller, which is on roof of pass-through on driver's side under a black plastic cover. Hopefully a simple solution for you guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought about performing the "override" function on the control box in the pass through in order to get the slide fully retracted. Since the slide is almost fully closed I don't think towing it to the dealer with it slightly open will be a problem. Thought it might be best to leave it as is so the dealer can see the problem. I will leave it to GD and the dealer to figure out the best fix. We are greatly disappointed but hopeful this is a one time issue.
    Steve and Bonnie
    Appomattox, VA
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2013 Ram 3500 Dually

Steve and Lynne
    Good thoughts on your part Steve! My approach was different because we are full-timing (almost), so getting the details on doing the override was the choice Im ade. I hope you are still within warranty, I bet it's close on the production date, only 2 numbers older than ours! Best of luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are well within warranty. We just bought the unit on the 20th of March 2015. So it is only 9 days old. It was the last 2014 model the dealer had, got a great price on it. Slide worked perfect for PDI and approximately 8 in/out cycles during shake down camping movements. Have no idea???? Thanks for the concern. Now it's time to see if GD steps up to the plate, I will call them tomorrow.
    Steve and Bonnie
    Appomattox, VA
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2013 Ram 3500 Dually

Steve and Lynne
    I believe they will- they helped us out with McClain RV in Rockwall, TX. Most people reference help from JD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the support. We will try to stay possitive and give GD and the Dealer an opportunity to make it right. These things happen with all RVs (this is our third). It's how the manufacturer and dealers respond is the important thing. Seems they responded to you guys in a positive and proactive manner. Hope we get the same.
    Steve and Bonnie
    Appomattox, VA
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2013 Ram 3500 Dually