User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgunter5 View Post
    Fantastic!!! Thanks for all the replies. Feel much more comfortable doing this at home now. Plus I can take my time and give it a good flush
    Thats exactly what we used to do at our last two houses, dump and spray out with the black tank rinse taking my time, funny the sensor always worked for the most part. Latest house doesnt have one that i know of and our drivway isnt big enougb to get the rig into so we are outta luck, i do my best when we are at camp sites with full service.

Mike

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Newbies here but I plan on doing this exact thing. Clean out is about 70 feet from the driveway. I bought a macerator pump with 1" outlet. Just the wife and I and most of the time just weekend trips. I called a plumber friend just to verify there was no issue with doing this on septic. We are using only septic safe additives in the 31G's tanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5366.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	32568
    Last edited by TerryH; 03-09-2021 at 08:30 PM.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes after a long trip we will bring our trailer back to the house to unpack, where I leave it overnight until I take it back to storage the next morning. I think technically in my City you are not supposed to dump into the clean out... but what happens at 10:30pm in my front yard is between me and the crickets.

Matt & Michelle
    Tennessee
    2021 Imagine 3250BH
    2020 Ford F250 6.7L

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used the macerator pump and the cleanout in our septic system last weekend. Worked perfectly other than when the junk Camco 45 degree fitting came apart in midstream. Thank goodness I was standing right there and had the Valterra waste valve right by me.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dump into a 3” clean out on our sewer and it works great! I installed a bayonet adapter so that is it easy to connect the stinky slinky. It’s much easier than stopping at the dump station. You should have no concerns if you are on a city sewer system, as others have pointed out there are some considerations when on septic.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid1 View Post
    I wish mine was on the same side of the house as the trailer. There may be some rules about doing so but unless someone complains it should be no issue. Same volume to the system as if you were home anyway huh?
    My cleanout is right next to the driveway were I park my camper and I used to do this all the time when I got home for a finale clean out or put the camper away for the winter. My next door neighbor complained to the county that i was using the cleanout for this purpose. They came out and I had a 1/2 hour discussion on were the water came from that was in my tanks and was going down the sewer system. There take was if the water did not come from your house which you pay a water/sewer fee on you cannot do this and subject to a fine. My take was all the times I`ve washed my car and didn`t put water down the sewer to be treated would clearly off set the small amount of water that came from a different water source. The county pinhead didn`t look at it that way and I was told not to do it again.
    I remember when neighbors were friendly and not looking "to get you". And when Kennedy said "ask not......." God I miss those days.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
    My cleanout is right next to the driveway were I park my camper and I used to do this all the time when I got home for a finale clean out or put the camper away for the winter. My next door neighbor complained to the county that i was using the cleanout for this purpose. They came out and I had a 1/2 hour discussion on were the water came from that was in my tanks and was going down the sewer system. There take was if the water did not come from your house which you pay a water/sewer fee on you cannot do this and subject to a fine. My take was all the times I`ve washed my car and didn`t put water down the sewer to be treated would clearly off set the small amount of water that came from a different water source. The county pinhead didn`t look at it that way and I was told not to do it again.
    I remember when neighbors were friendly and not looking "to get you". And when Kennedy said "ask not......." God I miss those days.
    Wow, what a jerk of a neighbor! What does it matter to him? Anyway, I’d think that whatever you’d be dumping would have come from your house anyway from filling the FW tank in the first place

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgunter5 View Post
    Newbie here!!! Still trying to figure out things as I go. Is it "common" and or "ok" to use a sewage clean-out to dump your waste tanks from the trailer? I've posted an internet picture that is similar to what our sewage clean out looks like, and its conveniently located right behind our trailer when parked. When taking short trips to the lake, this would be awesome to do since some of the sites we rent are water and electricity only and we are usually stuck behind a line waiting to use the dump station. Please let me know pros and cons and if anyone else does this at home!!!! We are located within city limits so it not a septic. Not sure if that matters

Attachment 32536
    If it's a public sewer system yes do it all day long it is perfectly legal and safe for both blackandgray. If you are on a septic system do not do it, even 30 seconds at a time like another has said. It is a matter of overloading your time feeding averages. You will basically overload your septic system with a time weighted average feeding. Septic tanks if they get stirred up, Or have dumped large amounts of volume in short periods of time, which could be something as little as 15 or 20 gallons in a short period of time, they will allow the suspended solids to pass in the leachfield and solids will plug your leachfield every time. Over the course of a few years you will have major other problems.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
    I think my comeback words would be it came from me when I was not using the house so I am simply replenishing what I did not put in my house for that period of time. Also there are macerator pumps that you can hook on the end of your sewer outlet on the RV and run a garden hose into a slop sink or something equivalent to that in the garage, at that point it would be coming from the house. And not be nearly as obvious.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I think my comeback words would be it came from me when I was not using the house so I am simply replenishing what I did not put in my house for that period of time. Also there are macerator pumps that you can hook on the end of your sewer outlet on the RV and run a garden hose into a slop sink or something equivalent to that in the garage, at that point it would be coming from the house. And not be nearly as obvious.

At least in my case..... The water DOES come from my house. It then goes into my RV, and from there it goes into my house sewer.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast