User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using "clean out" for RV sewage dump?

Newbie here!!! Still trying to figure out things as I go. Is it "common" and or "ok" to use a sewage clean-out to dump your waste tanks from the trailer? I've posted an internet picture that is similar to what our sewage clean out looks like, and its conveniently located right behind our trailer when parked. When taking short trips to the lake, this would be awesome to do since some of the sites we rent are water and electricity only and we are usually stuck behind a line waiting to use the dump station. Please let me know pros and cons and if anyone else does this at home!!!! We are located within city limits so it not a septic. Not sure if that matters

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sewage clean out.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	32536
    Last edited by Tgunter5; 03-08-2021 at 01:23 PM.
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t see a problem with it if you’re using city sewers. I’d keep the lid on it tight while not in use, but I wouldn’t hesitate to use it to dump. Just give it a good rinse after to ensure everything travels to the sewer.
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    Pullrite Superlite 2600
    2019 Ford F250 CC SB 6.7L
    2017 Jayco 27bhs (Sold)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish mine was on the same side of the house as the trailer. There may be some rules about doing so but unless someone complains it should be no issue. Same volume to the system as if you were home anyway huh?
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been using ours for about 7 years now with no problems. We don't leave it hooked up but do use it when needed. There's a campground about 45 minutes from the house we go to on occasion. If there is a long line at the dump station when we leave we drive on by and dump when we get home.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gravity fed. Been using the "clean out" for years to dispose of my boat "porta potty", pop up cassette potty and flush/clean of my 22mle at the house.
    no problems whatsoever.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you connected to a septic system, be careful on the sudden volume - do it in stages (30 seconds to a minute) with a few minutes in between. If you just dump everything at once you can push solids through your tank into your field - not a good thing. That being dais I use my clean out all the time. If you have an access cover over your tank exit pipe you can keep an eye on things. If your on city, just go for it.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use our septic regularly. Lol. Seriously though I'm sure glad we have access to it. I don't have the stress of finding a place to dump, and I can take my sweet time and not feel rush rushed. Heck, sometimes I even read the news paper. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    If you connected to a septic system, be careful on the sudden volume - do it in stages (30 seconds to a minute) with a few minutes in between. If you just dump everything at once you can push solids through your tank into your field - not a good thing. That being dais I use my clean out all the time. If you have an access cover over your tank exit pipe you can keep an eye on things. If your on city, just go for it.
    Overloading a septic tank is a very big problem. Stirring up solids and overflowing them into the leach field can be very expensive, especially if you have to get permits to fix. If you're going to dump into a septic system do about 15 gallons every 30min. Similar to a washing machine. And only about 100 gallons a day, including what the household puts in. If you're on a city sewer system, go for it. I actually connected to the clean out behind the slop sink in the garage. It was the best $20.00 in pvc I've ever spent.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to string a few sections of sewer hose to get to the cleanout in my front yard, now I use my macerator pump.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic!!! Thanks for all the replies. Feel much more comfortable doing this at home now. Plus I can take my time and give it a good flush
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast