User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fellow Coloradans - Any service experience with Windish RV?

I have purchased two Airstreams from Windish RV in Lakewood and have had a HORRIBLE service experience from them. We were supposed to pick up our new Solitude 345GK this week from them but, we still haven't resolved the Airstream problems from the day we bought it 2+ years ago.

We love the salesperson, Manny Beauchamp, we have dealt with and I know they got rid of their last Airstream Service Advisor so we figured, what the heck, we will give them another try but, now I am just not sure. Their new AIrsttream service advisor is no better and I am beginning to wonder, is that what I can expect from Windish with our Solitude? We love the 345GK and would prefer not to walk away but, I just can't throw more good money after bad.

I would love to hear what your experiences have been with them. Maybe it's just the Airstream team.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmonnette View Post
    I have purchased two Airstreams from Windish RV in Lakewood and have had a HORRIBLE service experience from them. We were supposed to pick up our new Solitude 345GK this week from them but, we still haven't resolved the Airstream problems from the day we bought it 2+ years ago.

We love the salesperson, Manny Beauchamp, we have dealt with and I know they got rid of their last Airstream Service Advisor so we figured, what the heck, we will give them another try but, now I am just not sure. Their new AIrsttream service advisor is no better and I am beginning to wonder, is that what I can expect from Windish with our Solitude? We love the 345GK and would prefer not to walk away but, I just can't throw more good money after bad.

I would love to hear what your experiences have been with them. Maybe it's just the Airstream team.

First, know that you do not have to use a Grand design dealer for warrantee/service work. Just call Grand Design first for authorization and they will approve most RV service places except Camping World (or so I have been told).

Sorry to say that I had horrible service with Windish in Longmont. It was 2 years ago, so maybe they have improved. I am going back to them this spring for the LP line recall (behind the refrigerator). Hoping it will be better this time. I would not take it back there, but Grand Design "required" that I go through the dealer "since it is a safety (NTSB) recall" and would not allow anyone else to work on it (I tried twice ).

More details, We purchased or Solidtude (new) from Windish. The first winter (after using it for a season), I made an appointment for Sept. Dropped the trailer off on schedule and walked through the punch list with the service advisor. Had 32 items, mostly very small cosmetic (trim falling off, etc.) but a couple of big ones. All was great. I was told no guarantee but should be done late Nov (Thansgiving). Skip ahead to the end, I finally demanded the trailer back 5 months later (Feb). About 1/2 of the work had not been done. Some that had been "completed" and signed off, had never been checked let alone fixed. Many NTF (Not trouble found) items, most of which I fixed in a couple of hours. Lots of lies along the way (Standard answer is "We are waiting for Grand Design". I called Grand Design (they were very helpful) and nothing had been submitted from the dealer, or parts were delivered to the dealer 2 weeks ago, etc.). I went down a couple of times to check on the trailer. Once found the door wide open, no one working on it and from the dirt in the trailer it had been open multiple days. Their response "oh the tech was working on it. we always lock it every night." I noted that the ground was muddy and there were no foot prints in the mud outside nor in the door way. To be honest, I think I had to high of expectations (this is my first trailer) and second I think a lot of the problems were from Windish not ordering the parts (why I do not know). This was also over the new year and I think service work got pushed out of the way for a couple of months while they prepped for a big RV show in Jan (just my speculation). Many other problems (destroyed the battery - would not stand behind it and I had to replace it next spring, refilled the propane (a nice touch - they made a point of telling me) then they burned through 1-1/2 tanks. I had less propane when I picked it up them when I dropped it off. etc.) You get the idea.

Sorry for the vent, but how I was treated still gets me riled up whenever I think about it.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 03-08-2021 at 09:58 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, 5 months. That’s ridiculous! They have only had mine for a month or two, multiple times, and always longer than promised. the results were the same. Work not completed as expected or completed poorly. Broken promises. Never return phone calls. It’s horrible.

I am still not 100% sure I am going to pick up this trailer from them. It only reinforces that their crappy service is appropriate. The problem is I could drive for hours and maybe find what we want for an acceptable price but I don’t know that they would be any better. Thanks for the tip about using other dealers for service. I didn’t consider that as an option. I will absolutely explore that. I hate to give my money to such a poorly run operation as WindishRV but, it appears that if o want a solitude that may be my real option today.

Chris

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, 5 months. That’s ridiculous! They have only had mine for a month or two, multiple times, and always longer than promised. the results were the same. Work not completed as expected or completed poorly. Broken promises. Never return phone calls. It’s horrible.

I am still not 100% sure I am going to pick up this trailer from them. It only reinforces that their crappy service is appropriate. The problem is I could drive for hours and maybe find what we want for an acceptable price but I don’t know that they would be any better. Thanks for the tip about using other dealers for service. I didn’t consider that as an option. I will absolutely explore that. I hate to give my money to such a poorly run operation as WindishRV but, it appears that if o want a solitude that may be my real option today.

Chris
    I am not sure you will find any better service at another dealer, but please let us know what you find (good or bad). Again, keep in mind that Grand Design will generally approve 3rd party RV service centers (not dealers) with pre-approval for warrantee work. After warrantee, you can use anyone you like. We like our Solitude and Grand Design in general (not perfect, but pretty good). Windish sales experience was good, just had a bad experience at Windish service.

Chris

Good luck.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have lurched two 303’s from Windish in Denver. We upgraded our 2015 to a 2018 for the leveling system. I have always had my 303’s serviced in Colorado Springs. They have been great to work with. Cousins RV opened up (near the center of town) here in the Springs and now sells all the GD’s here. But since I purchased our 303 from Windish I can still get my service done from them. They have one of the largest and newest service centers in the state at their Springs location. Again, I have had all my repairs/warranty work done by them and am extremely pleased with their service. If you didn’t buy your GD trailer from them and you want/need to have warranty work done and live in Colorado Springs then you must use Cousins RV.

If you are able to use Windish RV in Colorado Springs then call and ask for Max in the service center. He is excellent to work with and knows his stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Jchild- Colorado Springs, CO
    - 2018 303RLS
    - 2015 GMC 2500HD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have my 349M in the Windish Lakewood service dept. right now for the environmental protection stuff. I paid for the coatings already (it was included when I bought it in Dec) but it was too cold then to apply the sealant stuff - I guess.

So I took it back last Monday (3/1) when the weather was warm.

It's been warm outside ever since, but it's going to get cold again in a couple of days now. I'm really hoping they get it done before that.
    signature

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks jchild. We live near Boulder so the Springs isn’t ideal but, certainly workable if need be.

jjbbrewer We were in the service center on Sat and there was a Momentum right next to ours, didn’t see what model exactly but, probably yours. so they are working on it ;-)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jjbbrewer We were in the service center on Sat and there was a Momentum right next to ours, didn’t see what model exactly but, probably yours. so they are working on it ;-)
    That would be awesome! With this storm coming, I'm hoping I can go get it before we get dumped on!
    signature

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a follow up - I picked up my unit today from Windish RV in Lakewood.

It took a fair number of phone calls and discussions with Mike, the service manager, to finish it. Without getting into the details, it seems they're doing a ton of business and the stress on the organization is starting to show the gaps between the different departments. In the end, this took Mike working with the finance guy, the service guy, and finally the GM to get the work done.

So I really hope they figure out how to get these different parts of the company aligned. I personally know how hard that can be.

The really great news is the work they did was fantastic! They did the First Place Finish treatment to the outside and inside and it looks great. The protection stuff comes with a warrantee so that's kind of good, although I know that sometimes using a warrantee is harder than paying for something to get fixed. That said, the detail department at Windish does a top notch job on these big RVs.

I still have a good impression of Windish Lakewood and Mike definitely had to go outside of his department to get my RV done. That alone is worth a positive review.
    Last edited by jjbbrewer; 03-29-2021 at 10:39 PM.
    signature

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hope they figure it out too. I get that their sales are through the roof right now with COVID. Seems as though everyone is buying RVs. My needs are not that great. A little communication about what’s going on with my RV. All it takes is a phone call. Not looking for rocket science. If their service department doesn’t figure out basic customer service thinhs will eventually catch up with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chris & Marilyn
    2021 Solitude 345GK
    2020 RAM 3500 Laramie 6.7L HO Cummings 8' Bed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast