User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    We don't unhook or run the geny and rarely open the slide. All I do is lower the stabilizers and jack. We are just there to sleep. We do replenish our stock their and if they have breakfast or just coffee we will get it there.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    That's fine for most, but some of us have to put slide out to access the bed, not to mention the bathroom.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    That's fine for most, but some of us have to put slide out to access the bed, not to mention the bathroom.
    That's a tough one for you folks too. When we stay in parking lots or anything like that I do not unhook, nor put out slides, nor put the landing gears down. The only issue we ever had was a bunch of rowdy kids riding around yelling for an hour or so in the middle of the night. There was one other rig in the lot and a couple of 18 wheelers. Nothing happened, but my wife was a little upset. We have access to our bed and the bathroom, but nothing else.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Setting Up Camp north channel novels's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All your questions appear to have been adequately answered by others. I just wanted to add that same as you, our 230RL slideout needs to be opened to access the head. We've opened it on uphills, downhills and sidehills with no problems once we learned to open it all the way ... every time. (Our previous units had under floor slide mechanisms ... one motor. partial openings were not a problem.) After getting the 230's slide out of alignment and grating on our first trip, we called back to our Ontario dealer from northern BC and the service tech told us how to repeatedly withdraw it by several inches, then run it all the way out again, holding the power switch several seconds after it was out. Three or four cycles cured the problem and we've not had any problems with it since.
    2000 Jayco Eagle 243RKS 1992 Dodge 250 5.9 Cummins (retired)
    2013 Puma 253FBS 2003 Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins (Moved on)
    2018 Reflection 230RL 2015 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins (Current)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2500rl and we set the fridge to high the day before. We do not run the fridge or open it while on the road. After 11 hours things in the fridge or still cold and things in the freezer still frozen.

We have overnighted at a Bass Pro. No problem. We did not need our gas generator but could have run it since they close at 9 pm and the lot was basically empty.

We use a Jackery for the TV. We get about 11 hours on a Jackery 550.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are good questions. First, we always leave the fridge on gas to keep our food good...when you plug in to power the fridge should automatically switch to electricity. We always turn the water heater off until you stop...in fact we usually only run it on gas the get the water hot and then switch to electricity while we have power hooked up. As far as the slide, our dealer said that it was not necessary to put down jacks to use the slide but I would recommend that you just make sure that it is close to level so you won't torque the frame too much. I suspect that it does not have to be too level but you can always just put the jacks down even if you don't unhook. Our trailer is somewhat smaller than yours.

Jay - Texas
    2021 GD 2600RB
    2021 Tundra 5.7L

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fridge and propane before any trip

Quote Originally Posted by Jwalthall View Post
    Those are good questions. First, we always leave the fridge on gas to keep our food good...when you plug in to power the fridge should automatically switch to electricity. We always turn the water heater off until you stop...in fact we usually only run it on gas the get the water hot and then switch to electricity while we have power hooked up. ...
    Jay - Texas
    2021 GD 2600RB
    2021 Tundra 5.7L
    Before a trip, we:
    * Cool the fridge on 110 volt electricity for at least 12 hours
    , preferably 24, with frozen water bottles in it to help it along. In our TT, any regular 110 volt plug does the trick if you are not running the AC. If you have extra room, put new frozen bottles in with the food, when it's time to get going.
    * Before you get on the road the first day, open the propane tank's valve and turn on the stove until it lights, then turn off the stove. Before we started checking gas flow at the stove, the fridge tried to run on gas and "clicked" but did not run on propane the entire first day because it was trying to light the "air" that had seeped into the gas line when the propane line was disconnected and unpressurized!
    * Leave fridge on "Auto" so it switches to AC power when you are connected to shore power.
    * Get temperature sensors with remote readouts so you know the temps in the fridge and freezer sections.

I searched but have not found a restriction on driving with fridge running on propane, except on tunnels and while re-fueling. So shut the gas off before doing that, and turn them on after.

We never drive with the water heater on - why would we?

Can't wait to get on the road this year!
    2019 Imagine 2970RL 34' Travel Trailer, pulled by 2019 Ford F-250 Lariat Diesel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123