User Tag List

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

suggestions for troubleshooting a wiring fault

I've a brand new Transcend 261BH (picked it up this past Saturday). Noticed yesterday that it had no shore power, and figured out that it was causing the house GFCI circuit to trip. 'Twas kind of wet yesterday so I just buttoned it back up and left it for a drier day (today!). This evening I started troubleshooting each connection in the chain until I figured out that it trips if the microwave circuit is on.

So my question... is there a place most likely to have the fault in an RV system? This microwave happens to be in the slide, so there's a bundle of propane and power cabling attached to a spring. My gut says it will either be at the panel, something to do with that flexible connection, or the microwave itself is crap.

I could take it to the dealer, but I really hate taking things to the dealer. PITA, and who knows how long it would take, etc. I've wired enough of my own houses that I'm not particularly afraid of the wiring in the trailer, but I'm unfamiliar with typical wire routing, connection techniques, common faults, etc.

Thanks!
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Several possibilities, The Microwave circuit could power more than the microwave so be aware. You could try unplugging the microwave and see if you get lucky. I had a Heritage Glenn that the power harness got pinched when the slide closed, I moved it before it did any real damage.. Good luck
    2021 Grand Design Solitude S Class 3540 GK-R
    2021 Ford Super Duty Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.7 LWB F350
    Curt A 20 Hitch

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If not microwave itself it may be the connector between flexible cable and Romex in power line. The connector will be above belly cover just inside frame where wires go through.

It looks like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Connector.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	32616

It could be loose, wet, broken etc.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE