Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heated Battle Born Batteries

I'm getting ready to buy 3 BB batteries for my 2020 Reflection 303RLS. They recently started offering heated batteries. Anyone out there using these? I was going to install the batteries in the front compartment initially and then maybe someday move them into the middle near the charger/controller if there is room. It might be heated in there enough and if so maybe the heated batteries aren't necessary. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff
    2020 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 F-250 6.7L Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by herman2021 View Post
    I'm getting ready to buy 3 BB batteries for my 2020 Reflection 303RLS. They recently started offering heated batteries. Anyone out there using these? I was going to install the batteries in the front compartment initially and then maybe someday move them into the middle near the charger/controller if there is room. It might be heated in there enough and if so maybe the heated batteries aren't necessary. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff
    Where will you be camping? and how cold? Just make up a good insulated box or repurpose and old cooler. Also take a look at their new 270 Ah stack-able GC3]s and 8D size
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Also take a look at their new 270 Ah stack-able GC3]s and 8D size
    Yeah, the BBGC3 is a strong alternative to three 100Ah. Thanks for the reminder on that. Hmm... tough decision...
    2020 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 F-250 6.7L Diesel

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have considered heated batteries if they were available when I purchased mine ... if you have the extra money go for it and don’t look back.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by openrangeowners View Post
    I would have considered heated batteries if they were available when I purchased mine ... if you have the extra money go for it and don’t look back.
    Same here. They weren't available when we bought our BBs so I forked the extra moola for the heating pads and installed them. The heated batteries would have been easier. Our batteries are in the stock location in the front compartment and we don't necessarily follow the sun...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heated Battle Born Batteries

Quote Originally Posted by herman2021 View Post

Thanks in advance,

Jeff
    I placed the three batteries along with the Victron multiplus3000 and solar controller all in the front compartment with no problems. If you are camping in the winter below 25 degrees would be the only time you would have concerns
    Last edited by 50ST8R; 03-08-2021 at 08:04 PM.
    Kevin and Deb. 50ST8R
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW 4x4 Diesel Platinum Edition

[/SIGPIC]

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I have not made the transition to Battle Born, I'd like to add some additional info to the actual temps in the front compartment. Some time ago, I bought a remote sensor unit which can monitor temps in several areas at the same time. I was surprised to find those areas were not much colder than the interior of the living space. I will confess that we do not camp in extreme cold. My point is if you monitor the area, you may find that it doesn't get that cold.
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Echo what others have mentioned. I have my BB's in the front compartment in my Solitude along with a BMV712 with temp sensor. Living and camping in NC area's and when my trailer is parked / stored at the house. I never see temps below the Battle Born BM cut-off temp.

I camped in January with trailer having heat in it. The front compartment was surprisingly warmer than I expected. Heat transfers through small holes and openings plus common walls surround by heat keeps the unheated compartment somewhat warm if left closed.
    Last edited by FOWLERGK; 03-09-2021 at 11:15 AM.
    2019 Ford F350 Dually
    2020 GD Solitude 375RES-R