User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Backup Camera Systems

So, I'm looking for a wireless single camera system, 5" to 7" monitor that's under $400 and hopefully closer to $300 that works good on a 40' Solitude. Want it to keep an eye on rear cargo mostly as well as traffic so constantly on while moving. We typically travel around 60 mph more or less, give or take a couple mph. Not really worried about backing as we never back without a spotter with walkie. Anyone happy with what they are using? Would love some recommendations. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firedreamer2 View Post
    So, I'm looking for a wireless single camera system, 5" to 7" monitor that's under $400 and hopefully closer to $300 that works good on a 40' Solitude. Want it to keep an eye on rear cargo mostly as well as traffic so constantly on while moving. We typically travel around 60 mph more or less, give or take a couple mph. Not really worried about backing as we never back without a spotter with walkie. Anyone happy with what they are using? Would love some recommendations. Thanks
    WE have our furrion 7” model. Good to see the back and great as an extra set of eyes for traffic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kevin & Deb. 2021 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 Ford F-350 Diesel SRW Platinum
    Kevin and Deb. 50ST8R
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW 4x4 Diesel Platinum Edition

[/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DoHonest
    Works well
    No lag time
    They will ship you suction mount free as well as mount if you are wired for Furion

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is your TV? If its a GM product, have you thought about the intergraded camera? It is a little more than what you said you wanted to pay but it eliminates the need for an extra screen. We have purchased one but haven't made time to install it since it is wired. A major con is the connection is on the bumper which might be a inconvenience for 5'er's.
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply's so far. We have a 2019 Ram 3500 DRW so the GM thing is a no go. i think almost any of the less expensive Chinese systems might be ok as long as i can order a antenna extension so $200 to $300 plus $10-$20 for the ext is a lot more workable the the $600 + for Furrion stuff.... Got to love Fixed Retirement

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firedreamer2 View Post
    Check out the Haloview Range Dominator System, They have Both 7 and 5 in systems that appear to be in your price range, Based on your trailer length I'm not sure you will find a completely wireless system. The Dominator runs an extension cable over the top of the trailer to a repeater.
    MrBaker
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2011 Ford F250 Lariat 6.2 L

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Furrion Observation Camera on a 303 RLS wired to the running lights. Good visibility while travelling. Terrible for backing up in the dark.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired