User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Help! What damage did I do to my 2017 Imagine 2800BH???

Hello all,

I wasn't sure where to post this so please let me know it it should go somewhere else. Thanks!

This is my third trailer but I haven't had one for 7 years. I bought a 2017 Imagine 2800BH in August from a gal outside of Austin, Texas. I live in Houston and wasn't able to pick it up until mid-September because of hurricanes and family vacations already scheduled.

After getting everything set up properly on my truck, I finally took the trailer out for its first trip this past week on Wednesday, December 30, 2020. I went to Quintana Park in Brazoria County, Texas. It was tricky driving because of strong wind gusts coming from an incoming storm which was making landfall right near Quintana. Just my luck. So, I get down there and it's raining cats and dogs. I got the trailer plugged in but didn't get the the water hooked up. I didn't get a manual with the trailer so I was quite unfamiliar with how the water hookup worked in this GD setup. Got inside the trailer soon to discover that the AC didn't work.

Day 2 brought more gale force winds, heavy rain and a tornado watch. I was stuck in the trailer watching the storm roll in over the beach. During a break in the rain, I went out and hooked up the water. Turned it on and walked back inside the trailer and saw water gently flowing from under the drawer under the oven. Ran back outside and turned off the water, mopped it all up and decided to go home. I immediately decided I must have hooked up to the fresh water tank by mistake which isn't what I had planned to do. I wanted the direct line to the trailer and not the fresh water tank.

I understand the AC needs to be looked at to see if can be repaired or if it needs to be replaced. The water coming in is probably a complicated matter. After having had a few days to think back on things, I think I could have possibly caused it. When trying to enter the storage facility in Houston one day, I ran over a curb and might have even hit a large boulder they have on this small peninsula. I damaged the rear stairs and had the stair repaired. Did I somehow damage the fresh water tank to cause water to flow inside the trailer? Or, did I damage something else under there to cause this water?

Thanks in advance for any tips you can give me! They are very much appreciated!

Susie M.
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzm99 View Post
    Hello all,

I wasn't sure where to post this so please let me know it it should go somewhere else. Thanks!

Susie M.
    Houston, TX
    Welcome to the forum Susie, you posted well. Of course you had to take your maiden voyage in your new to you RV in the middle of a horrendous storm, that's something I would do. No manual no problem, that's what this forum is all about, owners helping owners. I would recommend that you separate your problems, A/C not working probably is not related to a water leak, but there are lots of easy troubleshooting steps to take. Running over curbs usually does not cause much damage if you are going slow. Running over boulders tends to be a bit more bothersome.

Water leaks happen, the water coming from under the drawer under the oven is interesting, this one I would tend to post under the Imagine section of the forum, I am a Momentum guy and wouldn't have a clue. I would however inspect the outside of the RV to see if there is any damage close to where the water leak was, that would be my first check.

I am a part time moderator on the forum and I am going to take the liberty of correcting your spelling in your title. Hopefully more smarter folks than me will chime in with some troubleshooting tips for your Imagine.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply, Dallas, and thanks for making the correction!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help! What damage did I do to my 2017 Imagine 2800BH???

Hello all,

I posted this under the top level "General Discussion" and it was recommended that I post it here.

This is my third trailer but I haven't had one for 7 years. I bought a 2017 Imagine 2800BH in August from a gal outside of Austin, Texas. I live in Houston and wasn't able to pick it up until mid-September because of hurricanes and family vacations already scheduled.

After getting everything set up properly on my truck, I finally took the trailer out for its first trip this past week on Wednesday, December 30, 2020. I went to Quintana Park in Brazoria County, Texas. It was tricky driving because of strong wind gusts coming from an incoming storm which was making landfall right near Quintana. Just my luck. So, I get down there and it's raining cats and dogs. I got the trailer plugged in but didn't get the the water hooked up. I didn't get a manual with the trailer so I was quite unfamiliar with how the water hookup worked in this GD setup.

Day 2 brought more gale force winds, heavy rain and a tornado watch. I was stuck in the trailer watching the storm roll in over the beach. During a break in the rain, I went out and hooked up the water. Turned it on and when I walked back inside the trailer and I saw water gently flowing from under the drawer under the oven. Ran back outside and turned off the water, mopped it all up and decided to go home. I immediately thought I must have hooked up to the fresh water tank by mistake, which isn't what I had planned to do. I wanted the direct line to the trailer and not the fresh water tank.

The water coming in is probably a complicated matter. After having had a few days to think back on things, I think I could have possibly caused it. When trying to enter the storage facility in Houston one day, I ran over a curb and might have even hit a large boulder they have on this small peninsula at the entrance. I damaged the rear stairs and had the stair repaired. Did I somehow damage the fresh water tank to cause water to flow inside the trailer? Or, did I damage something else under there to cause this water?

Susie M.
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread got off to rough start. Suzm99 posted it in 2 different threads. I merged them, so it might look a bit redundant.

All better now - carry on.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzm99 View Post
    ...I didn't get a manual with the trailer so I was quite unfamiliar with how the water hookup worked in this GD setup...

Susie M.
    Houston, TX
    Some manuals are available on the Grand Design site. I think that they are under reference materials, or something similar. I was there a few weeks ago and saw them.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    Some manuals are available on the Grand Design site. I think that they are under reference materials, or something similar. I was there a few weeks ago and saw them.
    I found them: Owners Manuals

You'll have to guess as to which one is most pertinent.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the link!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum!

My first question is, did you test all of these systems before buying? Especially given that the unit is used, you may not have caused any damage.

That said, you are going down the right path to make sure you have everything set up properly and find out what works and what does not work.

Best of luck!
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regrettably, I did not test the systems. Lesson learned. In August, there was an onslaught of people wanting RVs for their family vacations, away, hopefully, from people who could expose them to the Coronavirus. It was almost to the point that whoever got there first with the money won. I was given a very informative tour when I picked it up.

The trailer was set up on property outside of Johnson City, Texas which was where the owner’s sister lives on the Pedernales River. A hose was hooked up to it and I doubt it was set to put water in the fresh water tank. The owner was living in it part time. At any rate, there were no visible signs of water damage inside.

After watching some videos about finding water leaks on a Grand Design RV, it looks like the first thing that has to happen is to remove the underbelly to expose all of the pipes and tanks.
    Last edited by Suzm99; 01-04-2021 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Sentence grammar

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast