User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone removed the bulkhead at the back of the passthrough of a 2450RL?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had removed the bulkhead on the pass through on a 2450RL. I am considering adding more batteries and was going to remove that panel but wondered if anyone had done so and taken pictures. I'm installing a water filter on the side of the nautilus and realized that is attached over the bulkhead. So I could pull it down but it's flimsy and I don't want to tear it up...

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found my answer, on this trailer there is no additional space... well there is the gap in between the 1x framing used.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 3 Oaisis Firefly Carbon Foam AGM as well as the Victron 3000/12/120 inverter charger located in the pass through behind the water station . Also the Victron 1000 mttp controller for the solar panels located there also.

https://oceanplanetenergy.com/advanc...asis-group-31/
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, that's where I plan on mounting mine. I was trying to find some more space... but there's none to be had. The bed is behind that area, and is where I am moving my batteries.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The panel is so flimsy we put an additional plywood board ( panel) to mount the Victron as well as additional bus bars, on off switches, etc. we attached the board to the panel with detachable latches. This allowed me to do some of the installation on the board before putting it in place. It’s detachable with latches should I ever need to get behind that side of the pass through for maintainence. We are crest adding a few vertices detachable posts in front of this so no stray piece of equipment hits it accidentally.

These two are excellent in installing . There are many diagrams. This one is easily modified from 50 to 30 amp. It gives you an idea of the equipment you might need as well as fusing. Our solar controller is also on this board with direct connect to the batteries.

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2...erter-charger/

https://images.app.goo.gl/GwUN3qdHBs1upuLb9
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM