User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions About Our 22mle

I find myself with questions now that our 22mle has arrived. Some of which will likey be answered after I have time to read through the manuals. Currently have a teething toddler though, so no telling when that will be, so figured I'd ask you fine folks.

I opened the slide for the first time today and a thought crossed my mind. "Could we tip over?" I am on fairly level ground. Slightly higher on the passenger side, need to be up on the drivers side maybe 1". The slide didn't struggle so I am assuming I am level enough, but what is the weight limit of the slide?

The other question I had was, how tall does the tongue jack go? Trailer is reversed in the driveway and it does slant downward slightly, I have it on 4 blocks + Cap. Will the tongue jack let me know when I am nearing the end?

I'll start with those 2 questions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Average Jane;353542]I find myself with questions now that our 22mle has arrived. Some of which will likey be answered after I have time to read through the manuals. Currently have a teething toddler though, so no telling when that will be, so figured I'd ask you fine folks.

I opened the slide for the first time today and a thought crossed my mind. "Could we tip over?" I am on fairly level ground. Slightly higher on the passenger side, need to be up on the drivers side maybe 1". The slide didn't struggle so I am assuming I am level enough, but what is the weight limit of the slide?

The slide will not tip the TT over...but as a rule, you'll want to level out (left to right) as a first step of parking (boards, blocks, Anderson wedges, etc). Once leveled L/R, plug your rig in to start charging your batteries again. Next, chock your wheels (if you get X-Chocks, there will be no sway to left or right when you unhitch. Once unhitched and locked in place, move your TV out of the way and level out your front to back with the jack...I usually lay a 36" level on the floor (left to right, front to back) with the stairs still in. Once you're leveled left to right and front to back, lower your stabilizer jacks and make them snug without "lifting" the trailer too much. Jack height depends on your jack make/model. It'll stop when it maxes. After all of that, double check clearance for the slide to extend (don't hit that tree) and complete setup.
    Last edited by goodoz; 03-09-2021 at 04:06 PM.
    GoodOz

2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2018 F250 6.7 w/2219 available payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For sure, I have leveling blocks to level left and right. Honestly I just didn't think about it when the delivery guy was dropping it.

I think if I'd leveled it left and right I'd have had room for 1 or 2 more blocks, I was able to fit 4+cap.

Good to know the tongue jack will stop on its own. I thought there had to be some feature to stop it or a mark that appears when I should.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thought crossed my mind today. The TT has a max weight of about 7k. I always interpreted that for towing, but realized it's likely meant to also be once you are leveled w/ people and things inside?

I've been weighing items as I put them, by the bin full and destination that way I can keep track of how much weight is in the bathroom, kitchen, front storage etc. Think we will have about 400lbs of stuff, including the new mattress.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good question. Max weight should be the total of everything including people. Your doing good becuase your weighing items, just keep the weight to a minimum. We like to use light stuff when we can.

Just as a side note. if you are running your refrigerator your trailer needs to be fairly level.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to be level or real close to level to operate the slide without risking damage but it won't tip. Unless your on a real sharp incline like the side of a ditch.
    The jack will stop and not extend further when it gets to the end. I never measured how long it is though. When parked in reverse in a driveway (or camp site) with a good slope you should also put planks to the front tires. Try to straighten out that suspension if parked like that for a long duration. Max capacity does include people. We all pack differently but when we are packed for a 2 week trip, BBQ, chairs .... we were at 6000lbs however we do select lighter stuff when we have a chance. You'll need a lot of stuff to reach max.
    BTW, x-chokes are not chokes but they do minimize front to back movement.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Jane View Post
    Another thought crossed my mind today. The TT has a max weight of about 7k. I always interpreted that for towing, but realized it's likely meant to also be once you are leveled w/ people and things inside?

I've been weighing items as I put them, by the bin full and destination that way I can keep track of how much weight is in the bathroom, kitchen, front storage etc. Think we will have about 400lbs of stuff, including the new mattress.
    I don’t believe any weight ratings pertain to the trailer set up during camping.
    Once the stabilizer jacks are down no more weight is applied to the axles and tires which determine the gvwr

Quite sure weight ratings are for guidance driving down the road only

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I don’t believe any weight ratings pertain to the trailer set up during camping.
    Once the stabilizer jacks are down no more weight is applied to the axles and tires which determine the gvwr

Quite sure weight ratings are for guidance driving down the road only

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Thats not accurate, the stabilizers might remove some weight off the tires and axles but not much.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions About Our 22mle

Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Thats not accurate, the stabilizers might remove some weight off the tires and axles but not much.

Ummm. Lol. Because steel doesn’t move, any additional weight I add to the trailer would not affect the tires and axles unless you are thinking a trailer would bow that much from the ends?

This would never be an issue anyway. Man o man
    Btw you do realize how much snow weight is on my trailer

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Last edited by NB Canada; 03-12-2021 at 05:36 PM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent tip about the fridge. I've powered it up just to ensure it works, but didn't leave it on long.

We have plastic dishware - plates, bowls, cups etc. to keep the weight down. I've nearly got everything in, less the hoses, some clothes, few last minute items like trash bags and food and am at 220 lbs. We'll see how I do!

I definitely want to get some X Chocks, I have actual wheel chocks and did read the X Chocks are merely to help make things feel a touch more sturdy.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast