User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrades

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upgrades

What would you upgrade on your imagine trailer.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you talking factory options, or owner modifications?
    Eric & Sandra
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK
    2000 Ford Excursion 7.3 Diesel 4x4

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to lithium batteries, change out battery charger for one that handles lithium batteries,
    changed suspension equalizers to Road Armor and wet bolts.
    Also have suitcase solar to plug in for boondocking. Looking at adding solar to roof, mount sat antenna bracket to roof.
    Put a screw into upper track of bathroom slide door to limit how far it can slide.
    Put strap on bathroom slider to allow keeping it closed when someone is using it. Also added strap to keep it locked open when traveling
    Added Maxxifans with remotes in kitchen and bathroom vents
    Dimmers for overhead lights in bedroom, bathroom and main area.
    Changed out locks for storage doors to match door lock (everyone in the world has the 751 key used for storage bins.
    Also installed Progressive Dynamics 30 amp built in EMS to protect all electronics and the AC in the trailer from over/undervoltage, surge, bad pedestal which may have worn outlet, miswired, bad ground, etc.
    12 volt outlet in bedroom for CPAP to allow boondocking.
    TireMinder TPMS, installing the signal booster behind front basement storage wall and wired to marker lights for power.
    Furrion Series 7 backup/drive monitor system.
    Blue Ox SwayPro hitch system,
    Side topper (keeps top clean and helps quiet down noise from rain).
    Dealer installed hitch for bike rack. You do not want to mount a bike rack on the rear bumper.
    MicroAir EasyStart 364 to AC so it can be run from a 120V outlet.
    AirFlow Duct System which directs AC cold air directly into the ducts-increased air flow about 35% (measured).
    Exhaust screens over hot water heater, furnace and refrigerator exhausts to help prevent mud dabbers (common in our area)
    SnapPad on A frame jack
    Quick connects to water hoses, also adjustable water pressure regulator
    Solar light with motion sensor above entry door
    Last edited by more tired since retired; 12-20-2020 at 03:33 PM. Reason: added to list
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine 2760MK...Progressive Dynamics built in EMS was first. Changed to two 6 volt batteries, added a Victron 712 battery monitor. Slide topper on the living room slide, Torklift stairs, JT Strongarms stabilizers, Furrion back up camera, TPMS system, replaced the LED lights in the living area with same size lights but each one has an on and off switch. Added a 4 plug USB receptacle that is on the 12 volt system in the bedroom to keep everything charged when boondocking. Did the "fence post" stinky slinky mod, bought a Flojet macerator pump for pumping out at home. Added a 12 volt plug on the outside with an independent 20 amp fused circuit in the power panel to plug in the macerator pump or the Viair air pump. Most expensive was going to a Hensley Arrow hitch, but it was a game changer for towing comfort. I built a hanging shelf in the pass through storage to hold my awning poles marshmallow forks and fire poker. Also got a propane fire pit, great heat and no smoke in the camper or the clothes.

Just a few more thinks on the wish list for this coming year...new suspension equalizers and wet bolt kit, change to Goodyear Endurance tires, and maybe a slow start for the air conditioner. Then we plan to hit the road for 2-3 months at a time!

If I keep going like this it will cost me more for add-ons than the trailer!
    Last edited by Misterpiano; 12-20-2020 at 03:13 PM.
    2022 Reflection 150 series 295RL
    2020 Ford F350 Lariat Crew Cab Long Bed, 7.3 Godzilla & 3.73 rear end
    (previous) 2018 Imagine 2670MK
    2016 Ford F250 Lariat Supercab, 6.2 gasser, 3002 lbs payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My major mods in order of importance: ProPride hitch, Steadyfast stabilizers, Roadmaster Comfort Ride shocks, wet bolts, and stove backsplash.

Currently working on an outdoor kitchen mod so my Blackstone griddle can be in a drawer right above the two burners. Also working on padded side “headboards” for the bedroom. Tired of loudly whacking elbows on the closet walls.
    Last edited by ArmyLifer; 12-21-2020 at 07:40 AM.
    Eric & Sandra
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK
    2000 Ford Excursion 7.3 Diesel 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by more tired since retired View Post
    Went to lithium batteries, change out battery charger for one that handles lithium batteries,
    changed suspension equalizers to Road Armor and wet bolts.
    Also have suitcase solar to plug in for boondocking. Looking at adding solar to roof, mount sat antenna bracket to roof.
    Put a screw into upper track of bathroom slide door to limit how far it can slide.
    Put strap on bathroom slider to allow keeping it closed when someone is using it. Also added strap to keep it locked open when traveling
    Added Maxxifans with remotes in kitchen and bathroom vents
    Dimmers for overhead lights in bedroom, bathroom and main area.
    Changed out locks for storage doors to match door lock (everyone in the world has the 751 key used for storage bins.
    Also installed Progressive Dynamics 30 amp built in EMS to protect all electronics and the AC in the trailer from over/undervoltage, surge, bad pedestal which may have worn outlet, miswired, bad ground, etc.
    12 volt outlet in bedroom for CPAP to allow boondocking.
    TireMinder TPMS, installing the signal booster behind front basement storage wall and wired to marker lights for power.
    Furrion Series 7 backup/drive monitor system.
    Blue Ox SwayPro hitch system,
    Side topper (keeps top clean and helps quiet down noise from rain).
    Dealer installed hitch for bike rack. You do not want to mount a bike rack on the rear bumper.
    MicroAir EasyStart 364 to AC so it can be run from a 120V outlet.
    AirFlow Duct System which directs AC cold air directly into the ducts-increased air flow about 35% (measured).
    Exhaust screens over hot water heater, furnace and refrigerator exhausts to help prevent mud dabbers (common in our area)
    SnapPad on A frame jack
    Quick connects to water hoses, also adjustable water pressure regulator
    Solar light with motion sensor above entry door
    That's a great list and, thank you. tagging this thread for info.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been looking at the Lippert Road Armour suspension, are there any clearance issues?
    2022 Reflection 150 series 295RL
    2020 Ford F350 Lariat Crew Cab Long Bed, 7.3 Godzilla & 3.73 rear end
    (previous) 2018 Imagine 2670MK
    2016 Ford F250 Lariat Supercab, 6.2 gasser, 3002 lbs payload

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't find any. However make sure you get the correct wet bolts. I had order a set but they weren't correct. Had to order the correct set. I'll try to locate the receipt with the part number. I went with the Lippert system after having an issue with tearing with the Molryde system on a Jayco trailer.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 20+ mods, among others:
    I added a relay to the water pump to stop the lights from flickering when running on battery.
    200W of portable solar, the controller is next to the pass through hookup center.
    Added an IOTA deck mount converter inside the hookup center for faster charging off a generator.
    12" residential mattress and replaced the gas springs with stronger ones.
    Tied the TV audio into the radio and replaced the speakers.
    Installed a smart TV (original TCL died.)
    TST TPMS system.
    This spring I'll be replacing the Westlakes. No issues, but it's a 2017 trailer.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbopp View Post
    I added a relay to the water pump to stop the lights from flickering when running on battery.
    How did you do that specifically? I'd like to address this without running a new wire/switch/circuit.
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2021 Ram 2500 Laramie - 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel

BattleBorn LiFePO4 - Renogy/Victron Solar - SumoSprings - SeeLevel II

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast