User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GREAT POST!!!
    Im going to be doing the same mounting, and was wondering how to make sure I hit structure.
    Thanks for posting!!!
    Aimlessly Wondering the USA
    Andy and Teri
    2022 GMC Denali 3500 CCSB 4x4 SRW DURAMAX!
    2021 Reflection 337 RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the middle of installing mine and will be routing under the trailer in flex conduit to add some protection. You can take the camera housing apart and it will fit a 1/2" conduit. I just used conduit hangers using the coroplast screws down the edge of the frame. I'm essentially following the same as another 22MLE owner has done and fabricating a mount on aluminum bars that extends from the spare tire mount on the back bumper to avoid any drilling of the wall.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2022 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding hitting an aluminum frame member when drilling. I hit aluminum on the upper screw only. This was not planned but made for a good mount. If I did not hit any aluminum, the mount would still be fine as the camera is light and IMHO the fiberglass wall material
    Is sufficient for mounting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys are awesome and I’m going to copy this exact same setup. I have a 2022 reflection 31MB and a 2022 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD.
    Question, how are you guys feeding the underwire to the truck?
    Ideally I would like the aux camera wire to come out where the power cable from Pinbox comes out, just not sure how you guys did it?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just zip tied it to a few of those self adhesive zip tie anchors to the frame until I got to the propane line. Then zipped to that until I got to the 7 pin wire. Then zipped to that. Zip zip zip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. However the propane line feeds into the propane side compartment, when then has a entrance way into the front compartment. From the front compartment where battery is to get from here to Pinbox I may have to pierce through and fish the wire. Is that what you did on your fifth wheel? Do you happen to have a pic?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woops. My rig is a TT. Which is easier to wire since the 7 pin connector and camera connector are adjacent on the number of the truck. You will have to improvise a bit to get the camera wiring to the bumper of the truck. GM should put a camera connector in the bed as well as the bumper for fifth wheels. But, alas, not yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin1979 View Post
    You guys are awesome and I’m going to copy this exact same setup. I have a 2022 reflection 31MB and a 2022 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD.
    Question, how are you guys feeding the underwire to the truck?
    Ideally I would like the aux camera wire to come out where the power cable from Pinbox comes out, just not sure how you guys did it?
    Not camera wire, but I fished a backup wire thru the pin box into the front compartment. From the front compartment I went thru a hole at the bottom rear street side into the inside of the coraplast. Then I started removing the screws 3-4 at a time tucking the wire as I went. At 67 this was 2 day affair and 2-3 beers a day. . . . . .
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found this post after I posted my question yesterday. I wonder if GM uses the same camera system as Ram? I suspect I will mount my system in same fashion.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revisiting adhesive

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSewell View Post
    Found this post after I posted my question yesterday. I wonder if GM uses the same camera system as Ram? I suspect I will mount my system in same fashion.
    Folks I wanted to dig up this topic again. Has anyone mounted with an adhesive to middle of trailer back. Wondering how this would work and if it is basically permanent. Thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast