User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shill123 View Post
    I'm in the middle of installing mine and will be routing under the trailer in flex conduit to add some protection. You can take the camera housing apart and it will fit a 1/2" conduit. I just used conduit hangers using the coroplast screws down the edge of the frame. I'm essentially following the same as another 22MLE owner has done and fabricating a mount on aluminum bars that extends from the spare tire mount on the back bumper to avoid any drilling of the wall.
    How did you take the camera housing apart to be able to fit the cable in conduit?
    Many thanks!
    John

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I remember correctly, when you remove the screw holding the camera to the mounting bracket, the camera 'case' will split apart and you can unplug the camera. It will be a tight fit, but I used a length of cord and a vacuum to pull it through first. Ideally, you would work the coil out of the conduit an you might have better luck.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The GM IntelliHaul system ( one down from the transparent view ) uses a wireless trailer camera. Very disappointed as truck would not pick up a signal from trailer. had to use a long extension cable to hitch to get close enough to pick up the wireless signal. GM uses Echomaster as a supplier.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    Can’t really use the furion mount. The GM camera comes with its own unique bracket and is hard wired to a receptacle on the truck bumper. The wiring is a hassle but the picture quality as refresh rate is instant.
    Just showing my ignorance here, but how do I utilize the existing Furrion camera system on my trailer? What other components do i need to make this work and not have to purchase another camera system?
    my truck has the LT package. Thanks.
    2021 Imagine 2910BH
    2020 Chevy 2500 HD Crew, 6.6L Duramax, Z71, 4X4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know where & if I can get a new GM camera plug? This is the end that plugs into the truck's factory installed rear bumper jacks. I screwed mine up when running the cable from the back of the trailer and it's all one piece till you get to the GM proprietary plug with the finger grabs molded into it. Supposedly that section comes apart - which lead to my current issue. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8204.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	46226Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8727.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	46227
    Last edited by JustDucky; 05-08-2023 at 05:38 PM.
    Bill
    2021 C-2500HD Duramax; B&W Champion; Reese Airborne Sidewinder
    2022 341RDS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    Attachment 35140

Photo of mount
    Hi FlyStar, thanks for posting the details of your installation. I have a few follow-up questions:

1. Did you mount the camera with the preset 35 deg look-down angle?
    2. After a couple years since you mounted yours, are the adhesive cable anchors still holding?
    3. Did you ever figure out how to get the camera video on the rear view mirror? When I bought my truck I assumed that's where the video went.

Thanks.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddgopher View Post
    Just showing my ignorance here, but how do I utilize the existing Furrion camera system on my trailer? What other components do i need to make this work and not have to purchase another camera system?
    my truck has the LT package. Thanks.
    Unfortunately, the Furion system will not work with GMs system. You'll have to add the Furion display to see those cameras. You need to add the GM (Echomaster) camera to work with your truck's display. I've heard that this is of of the most sought after changes requested of Furion, but there is probably some licensing issues here on both sides!
    JR
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali
    2022 Solitude 345 GK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 2500HD Denali pulling a 36 ft Reflection 337RLS and ended up installing it as the manual called for. I aquired a 8x8x 1/4 inch panel of black HDPE and and custom fit two elevator bolts that allow the camera to mount. I then used 3M 94 Tape Primer and 3M VHB doublesided tape and mount the camera plate. I then added 4 self taping screws to furhter secure the plate. I then ran the cable to the curbside and down the side and placed the cable cable in the I beam securing with the provided cable mounts and used Type 94 Tape Primer to make a secure bound. Make sure to take into account the slide mechanism so you avoid damagring the cable. I then ran up into the front storage compartment. I then loosed the screws holding the front panel down and used a snake to pull the camera cable under the panel and have it routed to come put next to where the 7 wire cable comes out. I took all the extra cable out the front and use some velcro cable ties to bundle the excess. I then plug 7 wire cable into the in-bed connector and the camera goes to the bumper mounted camera jacks. I have used it as a straight back up and camera and have it configured to use as the Invisible Camera. Takes some messing with the measurement settings to get it to work. I don't care a lot about the Invisible Camera view when going downt he road but it has some good back up options including projected back up lines and camper vs truck angles.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did mostly the same...

Quote Originally Posted by DohMan View Post
    I have a 2020 2500HD Denali pulling a 36 ft Reflection 337RLS and ended up installing it as the manual called for. I aquired a 8x8x 1/4 inch panel of black HDPE and and custom fit two elevator bolts that allow the camera to mount. I then used 3M 94 Tape Primer and 3M VHB doublesided tape and mount the camera plate. I then added 4 self taping screws to furhter secure the plate. I then ran the cable to the curbside and down the side and placed the cable cable in the I beam securing with the provided cable mounts and used Type 94 Tape Primer to make a secure bound. Make sure to take into account the slide mechanism so you avoid damagring the cable. I then ran up into the front storage compartment. I then loosed the screws holding the front panel down and used a snake to pull the camera cable under the panel and have it routed to come put next to where the 7 wire cable comes out. I took all the extra cable out the front and use some velcro cable ties to bundle the excess. I then plug 7 wire cable into the in-bed connector and the camera goes to the bumper mounted camera jacks. I have used it as a straight back up and camera and have it configured to use as the Invisible Camera. Takes some messing with the measurement settings to get it to work. I don't care a lot about the Invisible Camera view when going downt he road but it has some good back up options including projected back up lines and camper vs truck angles.
    What settings worked to get Invisible trailer working?

Also, swapped the bumper and bed trailer connectors so I don't have to run the cable over the tailgate...works great!
    JR
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali
    2022 Solitude 345 GK

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234