Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

320G and Pullrite autoslider question

I scanned both GD forums and couldn't find anything on this. I am looking at moving to a Pullrite autoslider since we're boondocking mostly now and the clearances on more of an issue, both cab and rail. I'm pretty much set on ordering the Pullrite 2914 with the OEM Ford Puck system however their site states if your trailer is over 96#, you need to bump up to 2300ISR.

Anyone running the 2914 with a Momentum?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't be of any real assistance but my guess is with the angled front cap corners you should be fine. People with Andersens, etc. seem to be able to get 80+ degrees and this should offer much more clearance.

I'm pretty set on getting a Superglide myself for when we pick up our 5th wheel this spring but I have a Ram which doesn't have this note. Let us know if you find out anything else or end up ordering one!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    I scanned both GD forums and couldn't find anything on this. I am looking at moving to a Pullrite autoslider since we're boondocking mostly now and the clearances on more of an issue, both cab and rail. I'm pretty much set on ordering the Pullrite 2914 with the OEM Ford Puck system however their site states if your trailer is over 96#, you need to bump up to 2300ISR.

Anyone running the 2914 with a Momentum?

Not sure what you mean by '96#' but the 2300 is good for trailers up to 24000 lbs gvwr.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He meant over 96" wide trailer body. The Ford OEM puck Superglide has a note at the bottom that says it may not provide enough clearance on wide body 5th wheels. They recommend using their ISR Superglide for 101"-102" RVs.

They do make an ISR frame that goes into the OEM pucks but that's going to raise the unit another couple inches, cost more and be more crap to take out of the bed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

320G and Pullrite autoslider question

My bad. It should have been inches. Any trailer more than 96” wide. I did talk to customer service at Pullrite. There are a couple formulas to determine the capability of the hitch. I won’t get into here, but it was insightful how complex this is because of all the different caps, king pins, beds, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MooManChu; 03-11-2021 at 07:41 AM.
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My husband and I just ordered the 2914 yesterday. We have a Momentum 397 on order and should be here in a few weeks. We have a manual sliding hitch now but it has never worked correctly. We actually got into the cab of the truck with camper once. No damage to camper but a couple of thousand to fix his truck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stas2009 View Post
    My husband and I just ordered the 2914 yesterday. We have a Momentum 397 on order and should be here in a few weeks. We have a manual sliding hitch now but it has never worked correctly. We actually got into the cab of the truck with camper once. No damage to camper but a couple of thousand to fix his truck.
    You are the third person I've heard from that has moved from a manual slider to an auto after have an issue/accident. What is your tow vehicle?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a 2021 King Ranch 350 last week. The hitch we have does fine if you don’t want to get into a tight spot but it has always been issue to get it to slide. One of the local campgrounds we like we have to pass up some good spots because we can get backed in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stas2009 View Post
    We bought a 2021 King Ranch 350 last week. The hitch we have does fine if you don’t want to get into a tight spot but it has always been issue to get it to slide. One of the local campgrounds we like we have to pass up some good spots because we can get backed in.
    We have a 2017 F350 KR. Love it. I assume you did the 6.7

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6.7 power stroke turbo diesel. I had to actually go out and look. I have no idea what that all means but rides just as good or better than our F250. Looking forward to picking up camper and heading to Louisiana for 2-3 weeks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast