User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leatherman View Post
    Thanks for all of the replies. We pick up the 260RD on April 3.
    You going to use the turning front fifth wheel arm or keep it locked in place?? If you will use it as a turning arm...(option on 2020 260RD), they don't tell you that the unit needs to be dropped and lubricated since there is one very large bearing taking the weight of the turn. I went with an Anderson hitch and kept the fifth-wheel front arm locked in place. I would have done the same even if I used a standard fifth-wheel hitch in the bed of my truck.
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having a fixed (non sliding) Reese hitch installed by a local guy as it's cheaper than the dealer and cheaper than the sliding hitch. Yes, I will be using the turning point feature. I have looked up how to set it up and lock it in but was unaware of the lubrication needed. Ok, so I need to know if the TP bearing is already greased from the factory (as it should be right?) or if I need to grease it before I leave the dealer with it on my trip home. I did see a video on greasing the bearing after you have it for a while but not an initial greasing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=914q32YQSn0&t=649s

Thanks for any input.
    Bobby K.
    2021 Reflection 150 260RD
    2016 Ram 2500 CTD
    Central Maryland

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leatherman View Post
    I am having a fixed (non sliding) Reese hitch installed by a local guy as it's cheaper than the dealer and cheaper than the sliding hitch. Yes, I will be using the turning point feature. I have looked up how to set it up and lock it in but was unaware of the lubrication needed. Ok, so I need to know if the TP bearing is already greased from the factory (as it should be right?) or if I need to grease it before I leave the dealer with it on my trip home. I did see a video on greasing the bearing after you have it for a while but not an initial greasing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=914q32YQSn0&t=649s

Thanks for any input.
    That depends on how much you trust the dealer. If it is new, then the manufacture.. Personally, I'd never use it based on some stories I've read. When reading the manual on that turn pin set up, every other page is annual service. I wouldn't try to do that myself and have no idea what a dealership would charge. I'll stick with the standard hook-up to my truck without the turning fifth pin hook-up. It was introduced to resolve issues with a short bed, but with the Anderson and my old F250 short bed, I was still able to make almost a 90 degree turn and clear the cab. With the Anderson, a turning point fifth wheel pin box is not needed. I had to upgrade my truck since the 2013 F250 diesel's GVW was 10K and loaded without my wife in the truck and tanks empty, I was at 9.9K lbs. Too dangerous for me!
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frozen fresh water tank

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaKD View Post
    I have a 2021 260RD picked up in late September. My setup is the same as @Grandesigner. My hubby has a picture I can post of what the heat tape looks like that is attached to the tanks. He got a shot of the grey and black tanks when he dropped the underbelly to do some other work. Let me know if you want to see the picture. It is just a small heat pad stuck to the side of the tanks.: if

Our toggle switch is in the same place as @Grandesigner's control panel.

We are wondering if the tank heater for the fresh water tank is working because in a freezing temp storm (we were stuck in the Texas snow storm in February). We had turned on the tank heaters and the propane heat running in the unit (which provides heat also through the ducts to the storage area and from what GD says, also to the underbelly where the tanks are stored). The fresh water tank froze on us. When we got up in the morning we couldn't get any fresh water to run. When the outside temps warmed up, it thawed without issue.

Our refrigerator has mode for AC and for Propane. Note: if it doesn't cut over to propane automatically when unplugged, just power it off then back on and it will cut over to propane. We've only had that happen once.

I read somewhere a question about an on-demand hot water tank and I can confirm that is not the case on our unit. We have the 6 gallon hot water tank.

Also, Grey 1 is the bathroom and Grey 2 is the kitchen.
    We were in the Fort Davis Texas during the polar vortex and our fresh water froze, too. When outside temp thawed the frozen area and the water was able to reach the fixtures, I pulled the coroplast down on the driver side, directly across from the fresh water tank drain about 6 or 7 screws and saw that there was no insulation under that part of the tank or around the drain valve and the pex to water pump connection. I'm fairly certain thats why the freeze up. It was easy to reach over the coroplast and push insulation as needed. Good luck!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123