User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

320MKS Desk question

HI,
    What is the counter top for the desk made of? Is it wood or the same stuff as the kitchen counters? I'd like to drill through it and mount a set of dual computer monitors on the desk but I wonder what its made of and if I will need to remove it to have it drilled.

Thanks!
    Kevin
    2019 Ford F350 DRW
    2020 Solitude 380FL-R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't have the 320, but I believe it has the same kitchen/living room layout as the smaller 307, which we have. In ours, the desktop is the same material as the kitchen counters. Ours is a 2017 model. They changed countertops in the 2018 models, but I think it is still a plastic composite material that could be easily drilled.
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent, thanks!
    Kevin
    2019 Ford F350 DRW
    2020 Solitude 380FL-R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmillsbl View Post
    We don't have the 320, but I believe it has the same kitchen/living room layout as the smaller 307, which we have. In ours, the desktop is the same material as the kitchen counters. Ours is a 2017 model. They changed countertops in the 2018 models, but I think it is still a plastic composite material that could be easily drilled.
    Sorry for a bit of a hijack, but I'm keeping an eye out for anyone that has a 307.
    On your 307, how do you feel about the island. Does it block the tv/fireplace? Also, do you feel that the windows are blocked by the outside TV doors? I'm looking at a 320 myself.
    Last edited by Agpopp; 11-19-2017 at 07:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love our 307. I understand it has been discontinued and replaced by the 320. I got to walk thru one last week. It seemed like the kitchen/living area in the 320 was identical space wise to our 307. Overall the 320 is 2 to 3 feet longer than ours. I think that additional space all went to the bathroom and bedroom. (It's the one thing I would change on ours- guess that's why they discontinued it)

I'm not sure what you mean by the island blocking the entertainment center. I believe I could see the TV from the dining table, but probably not the fireplace.

The outside TV door does not block any windows, but the outside kitchen door does partially block the small window between the pantry and stove.
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input. Just looking at the 307/320, it seems the island would block the tv view from the person in the left seat of the theater couch (I know, tv is not why we all camp). I just don't want to upset my wife! Also, my theory is that I'll put the dog cages under the desk, one of the biggest space hogs on our last 5th wheels. They were always in the way (weiner dog size cages). Does that seem like they would fit? How do you use the desk?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 307 as well and we love it. The desk is the same material as the kitchen and island counter tops. It is plastic, but looks like marble much better looking than the previous style. I primarily use it as my coffee bar.

I like the addition of the horizontal bed and change to the 320 bathroom, but I would have to upgrade to a 3500 to be able to tow it and that is more money than I would want to spend going into retirement.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agpopp View Post
    Thanks for the input. Just looking at the 307/320, it seems the island would block the tv view from the person in the left seat of the theater couch (I know, tv is not why we all camp). I just don't want to upset my wife! Also, my theory is that I'll put the dog cages under the desk, one of the biggest space hogs on our last 5th wheels. They were always in the way (weiner dog size cages). Does that seem like they would fit? How do you use the desk?
    The island does not block the TV. There is plenty of room under the desk area for a small wire cage if that is what you have. The dogs let us use the theatre chairs and couch occasionally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agpopp View Post
    Neither theater seat is blocked by the island- I normally use the one closest to the island- no obstruction.

I use the desk for work. I'm retired, but still do some consulting for my former employer. We chose the 307 over the 303 specifically for the desk.
    When traveling, I use the space under the desk to store my tool box, computer bag, soda/drinks, and other heavy items to take some of the weight off the hitch. We are pretty much maxed out on the GVWR for the F250 (10,000 lbs). I agree with 5 Happy Campers that a one ton truck would be needed for the 320.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In our 307 the yorkie’s pen goes under the desk, not that she sleeps there. Wifey loves the additional counter space the desk provides.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast