User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AC Warranty Question

I have a 2020 Solitude 380FL that is one month over on the AC warranty, a mobile tech said to ask Coleman if they will warranty the unit and possibly not cover labor. He says they have done it before. My question is, does anyone here have experience with this and if so what was your experience?
    2020 Solitude 380FL
    2020 F250 4dr
    2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
    2018 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited
    2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything can happen, you should take the techs advice and call Coleman. We had the Atwood helium fridge and Dometic replaced the fridge minus install a good yr plus after the warranty expired.

It can't hurt to ask
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had GD and/or the component manufacturer cover things that were outside the warranty period. All you can do is ask.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I contacted my dealer but they want me to bring it in and they will see what they can do. Problem is that my wife stays in it almost full time in order to help take care of her mother in Lubbock, TX so that is really not an option, they recommended calling Coleman but they are closed on the weekend. I will be contacting them on Monday to see what they will do. Hopefully they replace the unit, I am capable of changing it myself so that would work for me.

Thanks for the answers. I have had travel trailers, motorhomes and truck campers since the 1980’s with ACs that lasted the 10 year average that I had each of those. I did have 2010 Laredo with Dometic that the fan motor went out on but that was a simple fix, never had a unit stop cooling before.
    2020 Solitude 380FL
    2020 F250 4dr

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the conclusion to the saga: I could not contact Coleman until Monday and with 104 to 106 degree temps, our options were to go home, stay in the bedroom all weekend or go buy a unit and replace it myself. Well I am not one to admit defeat or even wait on it so I went and bought the last unit in stock in Lubbock between 3 major dealers that carry parts, I ended up installing it my self without any problems and was up and running within about an hour from purchase to install.

Now comes the part about Coleman, called them on Monday and all I got was recordings and will call back but never got a call back. On Tuesday after a brief hold was talking to a customer service rep, he explained that they would warranty the unit but that the mobile tech would have to fill out all of the paperwork and send it in. Called a mobile tech that I had used in the past and he took the unit and bench tested it and confirmed the compressor was bad and did the paperwork and within a few days had a replacement unit.
    Some may ask why a replacement unit and not reimbursement, well I asked and they told me that all they reimburse is the labor not the unit, they suggested that I return the one I had purchased, if possible, and install the new unit they were sending.

In conclusion, really was great customer service from Coleman as I was technically a month out of warranty so kudos to them for that. Aggravated that the unit went out in the first place (I have found several stories of 2020 model year having ac problems, not sure if it was a bad year for them but an ac should last several years without a problem). Also now I have a spare unit still in the shipping crate that I can either keep for the next failure if there is one or I could sell it.

What would you do with the extra unit?

Thanks for the feed back from those that answered.
    2020 Solitude 380FL
    2020 F250 4dr

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @TheHunter

Would you mind posting or PM me the number you called for Coleman customer service? I've been trying lately with no results in getting a live person or a call back. thanks.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    @TheHunter

Would you mind posting or PM me the number you called for Coleman customer service? I've been trying lately with no results in getting a live person or a call back. thanks.
    It's OK to post customer service numbers in threads on the forum.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    It's OK to post customer service numbers in threads on the forum.

Rob
    thanks,

I thought I had seen folks mention CS numbers previously. Maybe someone has a better contact number for Coleman than I do and they can pass it along to the rest of us.

Jerry
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Airexcel is the parent company of Coleman, their number is 800-755-4775
    2020 Solitude 380FL
    2020 F250 4dr

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHunter View Post
    Well the conclusion to the saga: I could not contact Coleman until Monday and with 104 to 106 degree temps, our options were to go home, stay in the bedroom all weekend or go buy a unit and replace it myself. Well I am not one to admit defeat or even wait on it so I went and bought the last unit in stock in Lubbock between 3 major dealers that carry parts, I ended up installing it my self without any problems and was up and running within about an hour from purchase to install.

Now comes the part about Coleman, called them on Monday and all I got was recordings and will call back but never got a call back. On Tuesday after a brief hold was talking to a customer service rep, he explained that they would warranty the unit but that the mobile tech would have to fill out all of the paperwork and send it in. Called a mobile tech that I had used in the past and he took the unit and bench tested it and confirmed the compressor was bad and did the paperwork and within a few days had a replacement unit.
    Some may ask why a replacement unit and not reimbursement, well I asked and they told me that all they reimburse is the labor not the unit, they suggested that I return the one I had purchased, if possible, and install the new unit they were sending.

In conclusion, really was great customer service from Coleman as I was technically a month out of warranty so kudos to them for that. Aggravated that the unit went out in the first place (I have found several stories of 2020 model year having ac problems, not sure if it was a bad year for them but an ac should last several years without a problem). Also now I have a spare unit still in the shipping crate that I can either keep for the next failure if there is one or I could sell it.

What would you do with the extra unit?

Thanks for the feed back from those that answered.
    Coleman Mach A/C units are generally reliable one of the few things in RV world that I haven't seen complaints about. So if you replaced in kind I'd think you may have a long wait for the next failure. Then again......? That being said I'd put the replacement unit Coleman sent up for sale and get what you can for it then call it a day.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.