Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 2950RL Slide Leaking

I purchased a 2017 2950RL 2 weeks ago. The front living room slide is leaking open or closed. When it rains and it's closed there is a puddle of water on the floor and when it open and it rains it leaks down the inside trim and gets the carpet wet. The manufacturing date says June 2016 so it just came off the factory floor. I'm really dreading having to take it 3 hours away to general RV to look at. I've looked it all over and can not figure out where it's coming from but it's pretty significant. It appears its done it several times because the inside of slide trim is showing some water marks.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the outside slide out flange compressing the outside gasket when it's closed? Are you holding the extend/retract slide out button for 4 - 5 seconds after the motion has stopped to ensure that the Schwintek slide drive motors remain synchronized?

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The slide is compressing the gasket, I did notice the top of the slide is tighter then the bottom, but not by much. I also resynchronized the Schwintek hoping it would fix it, but no luck. I emailed general RV last night and they are going to take care of it today. Hopefully its something simple. Other then this slide leaking I'm very happy with the trailer.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davjess View Post
    I purchased a 2017 2950RL 2 weeks ago. The front living room slide is leaking open or closed. When it rains and it's closed there is a puddle of water on the floor and when it open and it rains it leaks down the inside trim and gets the carpet wet. The manufacturing date says June 2016 so it just came off the factory floor. I'm really dreading having to take it 3 hours away to general RV to look at. I've looked it all over and can not figure out where it's coming from but it's pretty significant. It appears its done it several times because the inside of slide trim is showing some water marks.
    As luck or bad luck would have it, I went out and tested the camper after dewinterizing this weekend and found one of my Schwintek slide motors had failed. After the technician pulled out the old motor at the top of the slide, water drained out of the motor which was rusted. The 2950RL is only 3 years old. When we put back the bulb seal at the top both vertical and horizontal, when we slightly lifted the horizontal bulb weather seal, you could see the motor wiring clearly. While the horizontal and vertical bulb seals do cover it, water clearly gets between the two, wicks down between them and into the motor and down the side of the slide. In-fact, I also noticed light actually pouring in from the bottom too, as the seals do not cover it when fully in or retracted. I could not figure out where water drips were coming from on my floor in-front of the slide in the kitchen until now. With water collecting inside the motor housing, there is clearly water coming in and those bulb seals will let water in if the slide is retracted or fully closed in.

Now, I am trying to figure out the best way to remedy this, as I was considering spray expanding foam along with a new piece of weather stripping between the two seals, but that won't solve the wicking or water spraying in between them in driving rain.

Does anyone have any ideas having found and/or resolved this particular same issue?
    David Pisano
    2018 Imagine 2950RL