Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reflection 27RL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 27RL

Purchased a 27RL for a delivery in mid April (I hope). Upgrading from a Sportsman Sporster with a garage. Had the Sporster since is was new (2004) and had a ball. Now it is time for more living area but still not real long (we like to dry camp in National Forest campgrounds and there are length limitations in some of them)
    Been RVing for about 45 years so I know a lot of tricks and ideas to help out if someone needs a push in the proper direction regarding maintenance or upgrades.
    Will be installing a 100 watt solar panel on the roof of the new 27 along with an inverter and a portable generator. Hopefully I will remember to take photos of my progress to share with anyone interested.

Mike & Margarete

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Mike & Margarete! Welcome to the family.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mark&Lisa
    Cool, welcome and yes please share your knowledge. We have a great mix of advanced and beginners in our group. We're newbies and have been soaking up as much info as we can.

Cheers and congrats!

pilotkev
    We have the 27 RL and absolutely love it !! Congrats and welcome

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Mike and Margarete and congratulations on your new 27RL!

Steve

derbeck
    I also just bought a 27RL. I take possession in a week. I have two panels totalling 150 watts which I have used on 2 prior RVs. I will be interested in hearing your story of the installation. It says somewhere that there is some "prewired for solar". I am not sure that does anything for roof installation. My installation technique includes a disconnect for each panel, an amp meter to check the charge, and a controller (of course). I will try to put my meter and switches in the fuse area or control area and run the wires down next to the sewer vent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by derbeck View Post
    I also just bought a 27RL. I take possession in a week. I have two panels totalling 150 watts which I have used on 2 prior RVs. I will be interested in hearing your story of the installation. It says somewhere that there is some "prewired for solar". I am not sure that does anything for roof installation. My installation technique includes a disconnect for each panel, an amp meter to check the charge, and a controller (of course). I will try to put my meter and switches in the fuse area or control area and run the wires down next to the sewer vent.
    I do not have my 27 yet but I think I am going to see if I can use the wires for the AC at the bedroom vent to supply the solar panel to the fuse box. Supposedly the wiring for the front AC (which I will never install) is it's own dedicated circuit. I just received my 100 watt panel today and am chomping at the bit to 'personalize' my 27. Just needs to get here and then I will post all kinds of ideas that I have to make it better for my use.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on your purchase. Welcome to the GD family and our little slice of informed sanity out here in cyber space.
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea on using the optional A/C wire for solar. I Installed 2 150W panels on my 27RL. To get the wires down to the charge controller and breaker panel I ran 10ga. wires along the outside of the holding tank vent using fiberglass rods and string. Remove the floor vent behind the toilet to reach the wires and route them under the kitchen sink through the hole used for water lines. I installed the charge controller just below the counter-top above the breaker panel(opposite the entry door). Only holes I needed to drill were in the vent flange and these were above the roof surface and under the vent cap so there is minimal risk or leaking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your idea, just can't put it to use yet. Still waiting delivery. I am thinking that everything I do, I will take photos and post them. ( when I remember)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast