Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

front cap question

Spent some time washing and waxing front cap. Turned out like glass.

I did find some cracking. Not sure if just paint or minor.....but wanted opinions

Tried to edit in Google Drive to turn....didn't work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	waxed front cap.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	32614
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails front cap.jpg  
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Spent some time washing and waxing front cap. Turned out like glass.

I did find some cracking. Not sure if just paint or minor.....but wanted opinions

Tried to edit in Google Drive to turn....didn't work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	waxed front cap.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	32614
    I had some minor cracking on mine near the curb side edge. Similar to what you have going on there but no nearly as bad. GD covered it under warranty in the fall and I had it fixed. I would look into this as it will only get worse in my opinion.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    I had some minor cracking on mine near the curb side edge. Similar to what you have going on there but no nearly as bad. GD covered it under warranty in the fall and I had it fixed. I would look into this as it will only get worse in my opinion.

Rob
    Was it a easy and quick repair? Will be workamping in upstate NY in may. Many boat places nearby that could do fiberglass I believe. Wonder if they can do on site. .......
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Was it a easy and quick repair? Will be workamping in upstate NY in may. Many boat places nearby that could do fiberglass I believe. Wonder if they can do on site. .......
    It was an easy repair for the shop that I took it to. They do a lot of these. It was there for about 4 or 5 days. It was not cheap though. Fortunately GD cut me a cheque for the entire amount.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with @Calbar - easy fix but does take some time and a good shop to blend the paint. I would also see if GD would cover it for you, but hard to say as this is common thing with age - ever see an old fiberglass Vette (umph!). Since you're a fellow PA-resident, reach out to Hanover Truck & RV Collision and Repair - the company recently took a new name, but Cecil has been there forever! They can handle your repairs and are geared to do unlike most shops catering to regular passenger vehicles.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Agree with @Calbar - easy fix but does take some time and a good shop to blend the paint. I would also see if GD would cover it for you, but hard to say as this is common thing with age - ever see an old fiberglass Vette (umph!). Since you're a fellow PA-resident, reach out to Hanover Truck & RV Collision and Repair - the company recently took a new name, but Cecil has been there forever! They can handle your repairs and are geared to do unlike most shops catering to regular passenger vehicles.
    In S. Carolina now, heading through PA in a month. Only staying for 2 weeks. Might reach out anyways since we have family in the area. Going to be near Lake George may through mid September. So will see how it plays out.

Thanks.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.