Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Wires

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fishing Wires

How do you fish wires through an outside (in this case, slide top) insulated wall ?
    Is the insulation foamed or glued in place ? Or is just sitting in there loose ?

Specifically, I would like to install reading lights under the cabinets over the recliners in my Reflection 303RLS. There is a hollow bottom to these cabinets, so I can work with that, but how do I get the 12V feed across from the slide ceiling light to the cabinet ??

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob I think it will be difficult to fish a wire over to the cabinets through the slide room roof which is laminated. Don't you have a ceiling light fixture now in front of the cabinets? I have a project in mind to replace that std fixture with a 2 LED fixture like we have over the dining table. I'll need to get two LED lights, a switch and a piece to wood to shape similar to the one over the table...and some time to do it!

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rob. Those walls are a pressure fitted sandwich product. That's why GD doesn't run wires in them for exterior light switches.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick replays . . . but unfortunately not what I wanted to hear.
    I've thought about exactly what Dave is thinking, but it would be ideal to get "reading lights" back behind your head.
    You have to wonder why GD would put these kind of lights over the couch, but not over the "natural" reading seats.
    It's only about a foot from the existing fixture to the cabinet . . . there has to be a way . . .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use these guys in a lot of places that I need extra light. I purchased the Heavy Duty velcro at Lowes and stick one side to the light and the other to the surface. This way when it comes time to swap the batteries, which is not often, all I have to do is unvelcro them. These might be too bright for what you are looking for, but maybe there are smaller ones? just a thought.

http://www.harborfreight.com/27-led-...ght-67227.html

Mark&Lisa
    I might be ordering these to hang in a couple of the dark corners.

http://solutions.blair.com/p/battery...=battery+light

For in the cabinet I bought the pucks, very bright and they swivel

http://m.lampsplus.com/products/unde...tery-operated/

james quinn
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Rob. Those walls are a pressure fitted sandwich product. That's why GD doesn't run wires in them for exterior light switches.
    It is a sandwich sorta process but at the factory they leave grooves in the insulation when building the panels for any wiring that GD needs to run. Not really concussive to pulling wire after the fact. The ceiling is batt insulation so you might have more luck in that area if that works for you

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi guys,

I've thought about exactly what Dave is thinking, but it would be ideal to get "reading lights" back behind your head.
    You have to wonder why GD would put these kind of lights over the couch, but not over the "natural" reading seats.
    It's only about a foot from the existing fixture to the cabinet . . . there has to be a way . . .

Rob

The logic escapes me as well and I have wondered about doing the same thing.
    Nick and Nancy
    Abbotsford BC
    2011 Ram 3500
    2015 Reflection 303RLs

james quinn
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi guys,

Rob
    Rob,

Looking at pictures of your trailer on the GD site, I would think that you could remove the light in front of the cabinet and push a coat hanger (straightened of course) towards the cabinet; in a straight line and close to bottom (assuming no aluminum framing runs parallel to cabinet in this area). Inside cabinet ceiling drill an access hole carefully (in case other wires there) and once coat hanger makes it here, tape a smaller wire to end and pull back, gradually increasing size of wire pulled thru until you actually pull the low voltage one. Not sure if the power at your light(in front of cabinet) is switched there or elsewhere so you may wind up with new lights on only when the other one is on. Just a suggestion.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Rob--time for some fun--these are "theater seating" seats not "reading seating" seats......you know, a five gallon bucket of over buttered (overpriced) popcorn, 420 ounce soda, no lites, and Caddyshack on the silk screen !!!

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast