User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40
  1. #1
    Rolling Along
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    In the Blue Ridge Mtns of VA
    Posts
    605
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Another price increase?!

    Got a factory build sheet from a dealer this morning that included the price increase that was effective Mar 1, 2021. Then, got a new price sheet this afternoon that reflected another 3.5% increase on base price. Options appear to be priced the same as Mar 1. Not sure if the increase is effective immediately, but geez. Heard Jayco did the same thing.
    Last edited by Fsalmy; 03-11-2021 at 01:51 PM.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

  2. #2
    Rolling Along AZMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Southern Arizona
    Posts
    638
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Got a factory build sheet from a dealer this morning that included the price increase that was effective Mar 1, 2021. Then, got a new price sheet this afternoon that reflected another 3.5% increase on base price. Options appear to be priced the same as Mar 1. Not sure if the increase is effective immediately, but geez. Heard Jayco did the same thing.
    And they will sell every one.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

  3. #3
    Rolling Along
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    In the Blue Ridge Mtns of VA
    Posts
    605
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    And they will sell every one.
    Not gonna deter us from purchasing. Maybe it's a sales tactic. Order now before the third price increase. Guess that means that our trade value just went up another 3-5%.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

  4. #4
    Site Sponsor sande005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    White Bear Lake, MN
    Posts
    1,478
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All I know is that my 2017 2670MK is selling for far more than I paid for it, based on the current used market. Who would have thunk that a vehicle would actually appreciate in value?
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

  5. #5
    Fireside Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure costs are up across the board for GD but steel (in the midwest) has risen over $800/ton since August with very little relief in the forecast. Paying $0.40 per pound more adds up quickly with the volume they consume. It's getting time to pass those increases on.
    2021 RAM 3500 DRW 6.7 HO Cummins
    2021 Solitude 3550BH-R w/factory solar

  6. #6
    Setting Up Camp
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In addition to steel, parts of all kinds, especially electronics, are spiking hard. The global chain is a wreck right now, primarily due to slowdowns in port traffic due to covid, and oddly a sudden container shortage that is also the result of impacts from Covid finding large numbers of containers in weird places that can't find their way back into the logistics system.

    RVs aren't the only thing that will rise dramatically, inflation is on it's way across a number of sectors that are reliant on the global supply chain. It's almost chaos.
    2021 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD SRV 6.6 Gas
    2021 Reflection 31MB

  7. #7
    Commercial Member huntr70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    4,413
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There hasn't been any increases since 3/1.

    More options shorted on Momentum and Solitude today. No slide toppers.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

  8. #8
    Rolling Along
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    In the Blue Ridge Mtns of VA
    Posts
    605
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    There hasn't been any increases since 3/1.

    More options shorted on Momentum and Solitude today. No slide toppers.
    Bummer on the slide toppers. We were debating those anyway, but still kind of bummed.

    And, after asking for the build sheet revision dates, it looks like you are absolutely correct, Steve. The build sheet sent to me by a large dealer this morning has a revision date of 1-5-21. The newer build sheet sent to me by another dealer this afternoon has a revision date of 3-3-21. We are getting quotes from several dealers. At least two of the dealers are using the Jan build sheet, while two others are using the Mar 3 build sheet. FWIW, Although we were actually in their Knoxville store on Tues and I've asked 3 times, Lazydays wont even respond to a quote request - maybe they don't even have a build sheet.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

  9. #9
    Long Hauler geotex1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,837
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even more fun, overseas freight is escalating at a rate that's utterly painful! The exact same size shipment and routing from SE Asia has gone up on us nearly 10% a month for the past 6 months!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

    Mountains of Pennsylvania

  10. #10
    Seasoned Camper Cannon07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Palmetto, Ga.
    Posts
    431
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Bummer on the slide toppers. We were debating those anyway, but still kind of bummed.

    And, after asking for the build sheet revision dates, it looks like you are absolutely correct, Steve. The build sheet sent to me by a large dealer this morning has a revision date of 1-5-21. The newer build sheet sent to me by another dealer this afternoon has a revision date of 3-3-21. We are getting quotes from several dealers. At least two of the dealers are using the Jan build sheet, while two others are using the Mar 3 build sheet. FWIW, Although we were actually in their Knoxville store on Tues and I've asked 3 times, Lazydays wont even respond to a quote request - maybe they don't even have a build sheet.
    Fsalmy, have you checked with Northgate RV in Ringgold Ga. Great people to work with and before this started had great prices.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.