User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Bummer on the slide toppers. We were debating those anyway, but still kind of bummed.

And, after asking for the build sheet revision dates, it looks like you are absolutely correct, Steve. The build sheet sent to me by a large dealer this morning has a revision date of 1-5-21. The newer build sheet sent to me by another dealer this afternoon has a revision date of 3-3-21. We are getting quotes from several dealers. At least two of the dealers are using the Jan build sheet, while two others are using the Mar 3 build sheet. FWIW, Although we were actually in their Knoxville store on Tues and I've asked 3 times, Lazydays wont even respond to a quote request - maybe they don't even have a build sheet.
    I think technically or at least ethically, they should be referencing the build sheet that applied to when the unit you are inquiring about was built. They already paid for the units sitting in their inventory and likely got them before the price hikes. So it wouldn't be ethical for them to now produce a build sheet from last week for a unit sitting in their inventory since December. Not saying it doesn't happen daily, but possibly the dealerships referencing the January build sheets are the honest ones....
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavysledz View Post
    I think technically or at least ethically, they should be referencing the build sheet that applied to when the unit you are inquiring about was built. They already paid for the units sitting in their inventory and likely got them before the price hikes. So it wouldn't be ethical for them to now produce a build sheet from last week for a unit sitting in their inventory since December. Not saying it doesn't happen daily, but possibly the dealerships referencing the January build sheets are the honest ones....
    Here in Canada they will raise prices on units they have if the currency exchange changes

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon07 View Post
    Fsalmy, have you checked with Northgate RV in Ringgold Ga. Great people to work with and before this started had great prices.
    Thanks, I have. They have a 378 on order, but nothing on the lot. Since we think we will have to order to get some of the options we want, like dual pane windows, we were trying to stay closer to home. But, it sure seems like its gonna be a crapshoot if ordering. Some dealers are saying 3-6 mo for delivery, others say 8 weeks. Have no idea what options will be available, and what wont. Don't even know if shower fixtures will be same finish as rest of bath fixtures. I think its stupid to put in a chrome or satin nickel or whatever-finish-that-is shower fixture when every thing else is black. Wanted the factory solar package even knowing aftermarket will be more robust and customizable, but we may not be in a position time-wise to get that done. That's why were willing to order. Really not sure what to do at this point.

By the way, my dad was in the carpet industry for his entire life - Cartersville, Chatsworth, Dalton and even Ringold. I grew up north of Atlanta and spent several years early in my professional life in the Atlanta commercial real estate market. I recall Palmetto is SW of Atlanta.
    Last edited by Fsalmy; 03-11-2021 at 07:49 PM.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Thanks, I have. They have a 378 on order, but nothing on the lot. Since we think we will have to order to get some of the options we want, like dual pane windows, we were trying to stay closer to home. But, it sure seems like its gonna be a crapshoot if ordering. Some dealers are saying 3-6 mo for delivery, others say 8 weeks. Have no idea what options will be available, and what wont. Don't even know if shower fixtures will be same finish as rest of bath fixtures. I think its stupid to put in a chrome or satin nickel or whatever finish that is shower fixture when every thing else is black. Wanted the factory solar package even knowing aftermarket will be more robust and customizable, but we may not be in a position time-wise to get that done. That's why were willing to order. Really not sure what to do at this point.

By the way, my dad was in the carpet industry for his entire life - Cartersville, Chatsworth, Dalton and even Ringold. I grew up north of Atlanta and spent several years early in my professional life in the Atlanta commercial real estate market. I recall Palmetto is SW of Atlanta.
    About 30miles south of Atlanta. Good luck on your purchase.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavysledz View Post
    Only in-stock units nearby (4.5 hr away) are at Lazydays Knoxville - can't get a quote on an in stock unit or to order and one at Summit RV in Ashland, KY (about 4 hr), Summit's quotes on in stock unit and ordered units are $7500 higher than all the others. Don't know what build sheet they are using. Everything else that is incoming doesn't have the options we want, but we may have to compromise if we want to get into a 378 this year. And what @huntr70 said, "its gonna get worse before it gets better" has been prophetic. Maybe we should just sit this out.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's crazy right now. With things changing daily, chances are slim that you could order one with everything you wanted and receive it complete in a reasonable time frame.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GD might as well squeeze everything they can out of this market. Over the next year or so, many of the newbies who bought over the last year will realize they're not really the type of person who wants to own an RV, there is going be a huge glut of 1-2 year old RVs hitting the market. What's going to suck for a lot of them is that in addition to a buyer's market killing the resale value, they'll probably have paid MSRP and then financed it. Going to be a hard lesson. And GD will feel the pain, they're going to have to offer deep discounts to dealers. Hope everyone is banking the profits now
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    GD might as well squeeze everything they can out of this market. Over the next year or so, many of the newbies who bought over the last year will realize they're not really the type of person who wants to own an RV, there is going be a huge glut of 1-2 year old RVs hitting the market. What's going to suck for a lot of them is that in addition to a buyer's market killing the resale value, they'll probably have paid MSRP and then financed it. Going to be a hard lesson. And GD will feel the pain, they're going to have to offer deep discounts to dealers. Hope everyone is banking the profits now
    I've wondered about this a lot. I bet there has been lots of 20 year financing on close to MSRP sales. I agree that there will be lots of the folks that bought last year that will want out, and will be very upside down in their financing and facing lots of used trailers that are for sale.

I believe if I was in the market for a new or used trailer would sure try to wait until 2022. There may be some real bargains out there. I've been wrong before......................
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    I've wondered about this a lot. I bet there has been lots of 20 year financing on close to MSRP sales. I agree that there will be lots of the folks that bought last year that will want out, and will be very upside down in their financing and facing lots of used trailers that are for sale.

I believe if I was in the market for a new or used trailer would sure try to wait until 2022. There may be some real bargains out there. I've been wrong before......................
    Agree. I did buy last year. But I happened to do it just right. My deal on the new Momentum was negotiated and inked as the lockdown started. The dealerships were vacant. Staff was basically not working. Everyone thought the bottom was dropping out of everything. By the time my unit arrived, the mad rush to buy RVs was underway. The dealership had no units in stock. That is when I sold my 2010 Sabre. Got way more than I was expecting to the first people that looked at it. I wish i could take credit for the timing. But the truth is, that the purchase/sale had been planned for a few years, and it was just time for us to make the move.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boy, seems like things are really messed up right now. I'm glad we didn't put off upgrading to a 5th wheel in Feb 2019 and going fulltime Sept 2020 and are not in the market now.

In our 40+ years together this time the stars finally aligned. We fell in love with a 2019 3350RL, negotiated a deal at the Austin RV show for 33% off the then MSRP in Feb 2019, and got a decent trade-in for our Img 2950RL. Now the 3350RL is discontinued. The 3350RL had been setting on the dealership lot for a little while, like it was just waiting for us to come get it! It has been trouble free with only minor issues.

Right before we bought I was looking for a 5th hitch, found a year old Companion Ram puck someone was selling for a quarter of what they sell for new, still in perfect shape. Then right after we got the 5th wheel, wanted to upgrade the pin box to MORryde, again found someone selling a year old one, again in perfect shape from a Jayco for a quarter of the new price.

Prior to purchasing the 5th wheel. We were looking for a Ram 1 Ton DRW, we found a 2018 that someone had ordered then backed out of the deal that had every option we wanted and a whole lot more with over 5000# of payload capacity and paid below the now going rates. Trucks here in Texas, especially 1 tons now are fast selling items.
    Then in Sept 2020 we sold our home in 1 day for more than we would ever had believed. In the past 40+ years of marriage we had to sell one of our homes for very little profit and another home for a loss in bad economic times. It just seems like we finally got a break and loving life fulltiming.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast