User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    Okay, so I hooked everything up and it searched for signal forever. So I went straight from the dish junction to the tuner box and it worked normally.
    Next I checked for continuity from the above 5W point to the plate inside the unit, with the booster turned off.
    The "booster" or amplifier is only in the coax line that goes to the over the air antenna. The coax runs for cable or satellite use do not have an amplifier in the circuit, and hence do not need to have a booster turned off. Your picture shows you are using the correct input fitting, but are you sure you are on the correct fitting inside the trailer?

I understand your continuity test, but still doesn't sound right.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, there are 2 ports by the tv on one plate. The booster is linked to the OTA antenna and the other port says sat, which is the one I tried as the OTA was hooked up from the factory.
    I suspect a loose connection or two behind the plates, the one behind the tv and the one in my pic above...just haven't had time to check them. Maybe tomorrow...
    The readings from the continuity test were fluctuating, btw.
    Last edited by Grandesigner; 03-20-2021 at 08:01 PM.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, there are 2 ports by the tv on one plate. The booster is linked to the OTA antenna and the other port says sat, which is the one I tried as the OTA was hooked up from the factory.
    I suspect a loose connection or two behind the plates, the one behind the tv and the one in my pic above...just haven't had time to check them. Maybe tomorrow...
    The readings from the continuity test were fluctuating, btw.
    OK, sounds like you have a plan. If you just take the plate off there will be a screw on F type fitting where the coax terminates to the plate. Hopefully you will find one or both loose and fix the problem. Seems like there may be a splitter in the circuit for sending a signal the the bedroom. If I remember correctly that may be accessible behind the connector plate at the TV.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, so I spent some time on this and found this behind the TV...about half of them were loose. Same for the panel by the nautilus, so I was hopeful but no joy. Not enough signal getting to the dish box. Ended up running the cable thru the nearest window and sealing with backer rod for the week or so we will use it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210321_114507.jpg  
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my 2018 303 RLS I cannot get the Dish receiver to connect to the dish outside using the factory coax. The runs are too long. I did what Jerryr did and ran a new shorter cable up through the slide and connect at the underside of the slide. I checked all the connections to make sure they were tight but still could not get enough power to the dish to acquire the signals. BTW, on my 303, the cable/antenna coax are the same run. With the booster on it uses the OTA, when off it will use the cable connection at the Nautilus panel. The satellite connection is a straight run to the tv and has just one jumper from the cabinet to the receiver, or in the Dish Carryout, to the power supply then the receiver. Hope you find a good solution.
    Allyn & Sue
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 F350 Lariat PS 6.7
    Andersen Ultimate Connection 2

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is baffling that the 100 foot long run from the dish to the 5W works, but the probably shorter run in the 5W does not...
    Dan and Rita

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good advice guys, except my slide is on the opposite side of the TV area...not sure I want to make a new hole or more than one.
    Not really. It's the impedence of the connections. Guaranteed there's a splitter of a poor rating considering what the cost per unit of those that would be used in a residential install are...
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Not really. It's the impedence of the connections. Guaranteed there's a splitter of a poor rating considering what the cost per unit of those that would be used in a residential install are...
    It's my understanding that the satellite coax runs do not use splitters like there are on the OTA/cable runs. On my 2018 303 RLS there is a dedicated run from the Nautilus panel to the living room TV and another one to the bedroom (labeled Aux). There is a third one for the passthrough which jumps you from the street side of the basement to the curb side for an outdoor tv. The only connections in the satellite runs are the connectors to the wall plates and Nautilus panel.
    Allyn & Sue
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 F350 Lariat PS 6.7
    Andersen Ultimate Connection 2

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyn56 View Post
    It's my understanding that the satellite coax runs do not use splitters like there are on the OTA/cable runs. On my 2018 303 RLS there is a dedicated run from the Nautilus panel to the living room TV and another one to the bedroom (labeled Aux). There is a third one for the passthrough which jumps you from the street side of the basement to the curb side for an outdoor tv. The only connections in the satellite runs are the connectors to the wall plates and Nautilus panel.
    Yes, and they should be orange coax and home runs. However, what should be versus what is varies, and the pass through plate couplings can be problens. Also, some line workers think routing at acute angles is also ok...
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking how nice it would be to use the existing cable to chase a new one from point A to point B, but if the route has really sharp angles then it might snag I guess...
    Dan and Rita

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast