Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TPMS High Pressure Setting

Hey everyone, hoping someone can help me out. I purchased a TST 508 TPMS system for my Grand Design Imagine XLS 21BHE and am trying to set it up. My tires are Westlake ST205/75R14 105/101L (yes I have read the threads on Westlakes so I don't need any comments there) and the cold tire pressure is 65PSI.

I set the low pressure warning at 10% below, 59PSI, per their recommendation but am having trouble setting the high pressure warning to 25% above, 81PSI, per their recommendation. The unit won't go below 100PSI. I know I am missing something. I tried to find the temperature ratings for the tire but there was nothing on the Westlake website.

How do I know what to set the high pressure limit at?

Thank you.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Normally for TST products with pressures below 100psi, the process is to set the low pressure alarm, then cycle back to the same wheel and set the high pressure. Not sure why this is required, but it’s mentioned in the manual for my 507.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figured it out...the low pressure settings were not saving (PEBKAC - Problem exists between keyboard and chair...)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raife1 View Post
    Hey everyone, hoping someone can help me out. I purchased a TST 508 TPMS system for my Grand Design Imagine XLS 21BHE and am trying to set it up. My tires are Westlake ST205/75R14 105/101L (yes I have read the threads on Westlakes so I don't need any comments there) and the cold tire pressure is 65PSI.

I set the low pressure warning at 10% below, 59PSI, per their recommendation but am having trouble setting the high pressure warning to 25% above, 81PSI, per their recommendation. The unit won't go below 100PSI. I know I am missing something. I tried to find the temperature ratings for the tire but there was nothing on the Westlake website.

How do I know what to set the high pressure limit at?

Thank you.
    Just curious where did you see the recommendation for 10% below and 25% above the 65psi? From Westlake? Or on the trailer? We have an Imagine xls 22mle with Westlake ST205/75R14 tires and I’m not seeing any recommended pressure other than the 65psi on the trailer sticker. Thanks.
    Rob and Joyce
    Grayslake IL
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2020 Ford F150 XLT 3.5L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those were the recommendations from TST in the TPMS manual...it establishes when the TPMS goes off to alert you there is a problem.
    South Central Texas
    2021 Imagine XLS 21BHE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TST recommends not changing the temp setting. I know you have to set the low pressure first if high pressure setting is under 100 psi. I have the TST 507 and had no problem setting parameters. You might have to reset and start over. Don't hesitate to call TST for help. Good luck...love our new 22mle.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk