0 Thread(s)
    I get it Wicked, some people are so self centered nothing else matters

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another reason I'm getting disillusioned

Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    It does seem more political lately. Look at the 'show your rig' pictures, there's a fair number of political flags being flown. Everything is a team sport now.
    Ummm. I don’t see this. What is a “fair” number?

Besides what someone flies a flag of has no bearing on my life

Decided to go through a year of pics you mentioned and saw 2 flags. One I couldn’t see but knew what it was. Seems low considering this was an election year. Hmmmmm

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Last edited by NB Canada; 03-12-2021 at 08:47 AM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We like the V lights on the front of the camper, and use them as a front porch light on occasions we are in a particularly dark site. I am in the process of adding a dimmer to the front lights (like I did for the living room and awning) now that my daughter has a 3D printer and can make the adapters for me.
    I realize there is a balance between reducing the danger of taking off my knee cap on my hitch and annoying my neighbors, I try to find the area in the middle we both can accept.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the crowded campsite annoyance possibility.

If anyone is interested, by virtue of my work, I know a few places in Montana, Wyoming, Nevada, and New Mexico where you absolutely won't have any neighbors and the camping is free. You need a good map and knowledge of the "leave no trace" guidelines.

There isn't much in the way of hookups, though.

https://www.blm.gov/programs/recreation/camping
    Last edited by jjbbrewer; 03-12-2021 at 10:17 AM.
    signature

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    I'm at a campground at the southern coast of Georgia for the month of March to get away from the cold and snow that plagued my home area all winter. Upon arriving I had issues with my fifth wheel breaking which hasn't made this pleasant so far. They are being addressed but not the focus of this post.
    I have stayed here before, it has been generally a quiet place with generous campsites, amenities and lots of preserved low country surroundings and ambiance. When your neighbors are screened by cabbage palms and palmettos it can't be a bad thing right?
    Wednesday, a week and half into my stay, five toy haulers arrived and took up residence along the row where I am parked. Four are GD Momentum and a Spartan, whatever that is. Within an hour all the golf carts came out and started their parade every which way well into the night. No regard for traffic flow around the campground or spot lights shining into others campers. Then there are the blinding blue lights on the fronts and underneath those Momentum's that were enough to light a small city. I'm generally up early and take the dogs out with me to sit under the stars with my coffee and watch the skies. Because there is no way to see anything I haven't bothered to bring out the telescope since they got here, the light pollution is worse than any I have at home, they literally light up this whole side of the campground and it's not as if they are outside and need the light. Also the party that ensues and carries on into the late evening. The nice fellow that is camping next to me with his family even commented how loud and late they were. The mother and daughter on the other side packed up early and left yesterday, I think influenced by their new neighbors.
    Yesterday it appeared another three arrived and joined them, two of those being GD rigs. More golf carts on the roads which are gas powered, not electric BTW. What I don't get they jump into the carts to go to one another yet are no more than 100 yards away at most. Are they really that lazy?
    While walking the nature trails with my dogs I saw golf carts riding on them (prohibited by campground rules and if there was any, common sense) and one was even off crossing a foot bridge across to the other side of the lake.
    I avoid the commercial campgrounds and stay to county, state and national parks to find the quiet outdoors I thought camping is supposed to be. Maybe I'm getting dour in my old age but the lack of consideration and respect for others is becoming more than I want to put up with anymore. That's my rant, and maybe I'll look for a house here to winter over in. Prices for a used 260RD are really good right now.
    which campground? We camp often near the SE Ga coast.
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 6.7 Diesel Platinum SRW 4X4
    Curt Q20 Slider

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdjaguar View Post
    which campground? We camp often near the SE Ga coast.
    Blythe Island
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blythe Island
    My wife and I were just there last weekend! We love Blythe Island (she calls it the "bunny park").
    We must have walked/biked past your Reflection several times, as we were just down the way in spot 90.

We camp there 2-3 times a year as it is close by and a nice long weekend getaway. We have yet to encounter what you did, but with the increasing popularity
    of camping, (or glamping in this case), that may change.

Campsites as you said are generous, and the setting is quite nice with the river/woodsy trails and the lakes.

We left this past Monday so missed the golf cart caravans, but have encountered similar situations at other campgrounds.
    I'm pretty laid back, and roll with most anything, but I would have said something to people on the golf cart had we encountered one on the trails.

We never have in the 10 years we have been camping there.

Hopefully things have quieted down for the remainder of your stay, and your brakes have been fixed!
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 6.7 Diesel Platinum SRW 4X4
    Curt Q20 Slider

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THAT IS NOT my idea of how to engage with others.
    What was wrong with it?
    The fact that he had a sidearm? Standard fare when you are by yourself, many many miles from civilization and phone service. Any problems that come your way, you have to deal with it yourself. That fella could have been a mass murderer on the run. When you boondock far away from civilization.... You have to be prepared for anything.

And that fella should have known better than to intrude on anothers solitude. This wasn't a prime desireable piece of sagebrush property.... It was just like any of the rest of it stretching further than one can see.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdjaguar View Post
    My wife and I were just there last weekend!
    Did you bring your friends with their......... Momentums.....lol

Wicked, sorry to hear your 'happy place' was messed up for you. Similar things have happened to us as well. Sux.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been staying at a military FamCamp on an Army installation since last June. Late last summer, a family moved into the slot next to us (mom, dad, and three kids in a fiver too big for their SRW truck). They were PCSing into the installation and planned on living in the RV until their house was built. They immediately started partying, drinking, keeping everyone on our little 11-space cul-de-sac awake until 0200 hrs. They had enough family and friends over to violate the park's normal rules - much less the Army's COVID restrictions. One drunken evening (while we were gone, fortunately), some of our neighbors called law enforcement on them. The offending neighbor ended up threatening two of the other guys in the park and violated several Federal property laws. This is unusual behavior for a mid-grade officer (young Major). The complaints and charges got him evicted from the park. The resulting Article 15 ended his Army career (and probably put the kabash on the financing on his house, too). Unfortunately, the same remedies aren't available for poorly-behaved civilians.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast