Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    My Imagine is just like this but my hitch is not making contact

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    I went back and found a picture of our old Imagine and it had the chains in the same place, I disremembered. Must have just been our car trailer that had the chain ends separated.
    Maybe the chains got pinched in a very tight turn, like a 90, or backing into a site? Normally wouldn't happen any other time? Just guessing.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    I went back and found a picture of our old Imagine and it had the chains in the same place, I disremembered. Must have just been our car trailer that had the chain ends separated.
    Maybe the chains got pinched in a very tight turn, like a 90, or backing into a site? Normally wouldn't happen any other time? Just guessing.
    This was what I thought as well. A near jackknife

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked closely at mine today and I have a small nick on one chain. I have to be a little more careful.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went out and checked my chains today, since I have a 2500RL and the Equalizer hitch. I also have a nearly cut through passenger side chain link right at the welded loop. I'm interested in what you ended up doing to fix this going forward.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I am going to use 2 large anchor shackles and make a mount for each side of the frame just a little farther aft out of range of the hitch.
    I'll use some heavy flat stock and either weld it or bolt it to the frame.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    I think I am going to use 2 large anchor shackles and make a mount for each side of the frame just a little farther aft out of range of the hitch.
    I'll use some heavy flat stock and either weld it or bolt it to the frame.
    I know this is an old thread, but just incase you still read it... what did you end up doing for a solution? We have the same problem with our Imagine 21bhe and the Equalizer WDH crushing our safety chains. We just noticed it this weekend. We tried adding more washers, but then the angle for the bars was too tight. So now we have to decide to either have a welder move the support bracket back a bit if possible (while installing new chains to replace the ones that were crushed) or have them mount some sort of bracket on the side of each frame... or use a one inch ball riser, if that will work while still keeping the integrity of the WDH.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8776.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	40693Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8781.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	40694Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8779.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	40695
    Imagine 21BHE
    Florida

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our trailer got totaled and with the 2022 replacement I have not nicked the chains. They must be in a slightly different location.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    Our trailer got totaled and with the 2022 replacement I have not nicked the chains. They must be in a slightly different location.
    Oh yikes! Well thanks for the response. Hope you are enjoying the new one.
    Imagine 21BHE
    Florida

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the same issue in our Inside XLS 23bhe with a 10k Equal-i-zer. Worst thing was, our dealer strongly advocated for the Camco Recurce R3 which they seem to sell pretty often, and I insisted on the Equal-i-zer, as I had a few k version with our previous trailer and loved it. The pinching issue was one thing, and then our 10k version needs a lot more frequent greasing than our old one...

Back to to topic: after deciding against a new hitch and having the chain attachment points relocated, I bought a hitch ball with a 1" rise. To make sure that the threads don't get hig by the Equal-i-zer's arms, i added two large hardened steel washers, which gave another little lift to the ball. It came out perfect, no danger of hitting anymore for a $25 investment or so.
    2020 Imagine XLS 23bhe with a cold bedroom
    2018 F150 STX 5.0

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Repositioning safety chains

I’ve would start with a longer chain, it wouldn’t be in that pinch point if it were just a touch longer.

On mine the chain attach points are much closer to the bumper, looks like your hitch receiver is a bit further back behind the bumper moving that attachment point further back.
    Last edited by Redapple63; 05-22-2022 at 04:33 PM.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast