Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 367 BHS electrical issues

New to the Forum,

We bought our Reflection brand new, right from the day we brought it home we had issues. Not going to get into all of them along with all the items we replaced at our cost even while the trailer was under warranty. We wrote to Grand Design along with numerous calls trying to get some resolution, we were not able to resolve the issues.

Posting this latest issue, not really a new issue however it is a reoccurring issue, that again I resolved. We had electrical issue with the left slide outlets along with all the ground faults, this started while still under warranty. I found the electrical connection from the slide wiring (strained wire) to the solid wire in the underside where it passed through the frame ha not been secured properly. I called our dealer and as usual could not get it in before or next trip, I checked the connections and secured the plate to the frame. The problem seemed to be solved however we wanted it looked at anyway. We dropped the trailer at the dealer per our appointment after our trip, when I explained what I found they took the trailer in. We recieved a call 3-4 days later telling us since I “touched” it they could not guarantee me warranty would cover it, we could pay them and seek reimbursement from GD, well we knew how that worked so we passed on the repair.

To make this story end while out west last mount the problem returned, we had a mobile repair tech fix the problem we thought. It worked for a few days and then came back. If I moved the wiring on the frame we could get power back, once back home I took the plate off changed the connectors and still nothing, I dropped the under belly and found a shorted wiring running over the slide tube, apparently if it made contact with the metal tube the outlets worked which coincides with what the mobile tech said “he said we had an opened ground”. Well it’s fixed I hope however had to spend another $250 for something the dealer should have fixed months ago.

Didn’t mean to ramble just needed to vent ! Thanks to all of you

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread moved to Electrical Systems and Wiring.

Welcome to the forum - but sorry to hear about your troubles.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob, I’m glad I finally joined !

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum, sorry you've had such a long history of issues. But the knowledge you've gained from fixing it yourself should give you a bit more confidence in handling any other issues that could come up. Hopefully, your coach is "healthy" now and you can enjoy your camping experience. Being able to fix anything you may run into means less/no time on the dealer's lot and more time camping. That sounds good to me.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S