User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Just letting you know it is an entry level hitch and a hitch is the single most important part of trailering. It is the number one thing to consider
    I personally would not use it but that is up to you

Unsure why the dealer only has that one

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Why are you saying it is an entry level hitch? If I’m not mistaken it is a friction style hitch not the chain style. What hitch would you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suber81083 View Post
    Why are you saying it is an entry level hitch? If I’m not mistaken it is a friction style hitch not the chain style. What hitch would you recommend?

An E4, Husky centreline,blue ox to name a few

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all of the responses everyone. I feel a lot better and can let my excitement be bigger than my nerves!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pull a 2600rb and use the E2 hitch with 1,000 lb bars. Nothing wrong with that hitch. Get the anti screech pads. The dealer can only set it up using a best guess since the trailer will be empty when they set it up.

Make sure you get the extra washers from the dealer. To properly set it up you'll need some sockets and a 250 lb torque wrench (Harbor Freight about $120). Fully load the trailer and truck then just follow the E2 setup instructions. It's all about the ball height and your front wheel well measurement. The number of washers used changes that measurement so it might take a couple of tries to get it right. It's not hard to get it setup right it just takes a little time. You'll be fine with that hitch.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you consider a Hensley or ProPride hitch? They are expensive, but they totally eliminate sway. We use a Hensley Arrow.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had great luck with the equal-i-zer, which is made by the same company that makes the e2. I've encountered dealers that say they only install e2, but chances are pretty good the service dept actually sells both. And they can for sure install either one.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You look good on your numbers. I’m assuming you are camping weekends and vacations and it looks like the perfect setup for that type of use. I’ve used a Blue Ox for the last 5 years on two different trailers. I was able to find them for $200-300 on Craigslist and sell the old one for the same as I paid for the newer heavier bar system when we got a bigger trailer. It seems when people either trade or sell trailers they keep the hitch and sell it separately. The dealer won’t help you setup but it’s not an imposing process by any stretch. For your tongue weight either 1000 or 1500 lb bars would work, 1500 probably better since you will be a bit over 1000lb and they say to round up. Good luck, you’ll be fine whatever way you choose to go on the hitch.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dillpunk View Post
    Rear axle rating is 3800lbs. I used that calculator with all of the info I had but still get nervous as this is my first trailer purchase. Thank you for the response.
    You have done a great job. Congrats! Enjoy your new purchase when you pick it up!

2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something worth consideration is getting a tongue scale so you can check our tongue weight (10-15%) before you hook up if you’re that concerned about it. We picked one cuz we’re just like you in terms of “newbies”. Best of luck and congrats.

Sherline LM 2000 - Trailer Tongue Weight Scale 2000lb https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007REK28M..._bza4mSWqfs7tz

A-A-Ron
    2023 Reflection 297RSTS
    2020 F-350 Lariat 6.7 PowerStroke SRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used the E2 and for a light trailer like yours, it will be fine. Has a tad more sway when big rigs go by than others but you will figure it out.

Had a Blue Ox and Equalizer. I didn't care for the snap of the chains when loosening the Blue Ox but found it to be a bit superior for adjustment on sway.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast