User Tag List

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RV Portable Waste Tank Sizing?

hey all,

I've been looking into an RV Portable Waste Tank sizing, mainly from a boon docking perspective as that is mostly the area I'd be interested in one for to avoid packing everything up to dump tanks and stay out longer. Most of the parks I say at (95%) all have sewer so I wouldn't need it as much from that perspective.

With that being said, if needing to use one of these while boon docking this would involve having to partially drain a tank into one of these, and lifting it up into the bed of the truck, meaning larger may not necessarily be better?

Curious if anyone on here uses one more during boon docking and what your experience/recommendations may be.

Thanks!

attached a generic photo for reference, they have sizes from 15, 21, 28, and 36 gallons.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39004_out-B.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	37057
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 30G to use in parks that have no sewer hookups. It has pretty good wheels , so I usually just roll it to the dump station.If having to haul it in the truck bed , I would invest in a pump to fill it while in the bed. Even the 21G would be heavy for one person to lift. And a tank full of water isn’t like dead lifting a weight , it’ll fight you.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used one for years. Had to be careful because our tanks in the trailer were larger than the wagon. Gets very heavy, but sure beats hitching up to go to the dump station.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    I have a 30G to use in parks that have no sewer hookups. It has pretty good wheels , so I usually just roll it to the dump station.If having to haul it in the truck bed , I would invest in a pump to fill it while in the bed. Even the 21G would be heavy for one person to lift. And a tank full of water isn’t like dead lifting a weight , it’ll fight you.
    Charlie
    Thanks, yeah I'd definitely go larger if it were mainly parks with no sewer hookups because I could pull it behind the truck. Good note on a pump though, I didn't consider that, will have to look into options there. yeah even a container filled with water is difficult with it sloshing around

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    We used one for years. Had to be careful because our tanks in the trailer were larger than the wagon. Gets very heavy, but sure beats hitching up to go to the dump station.
    I thought about that as well since my tanks would be larger. Did you load yours in your truck bed or were you just at parks with no sewer where you could tote it behind the truck?
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge