User Tag List

Thread: Kant leak

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kant leak

Having some trouble with our Kant leak valve.
    -extremely hard to turn even after copious amount of lubricant.
    -washers/seals have slipped from their position which caused fresh tank to fill and overflow.
    -when you change positions, as in moving from city fixtures to normal, should you always turn the handle clockwise?

Thx,
    John
    John, Susan & Luke
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS #867
    Bakersfield, CA

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had trouble with our valve ever since the unit was new. We have gone through four or five cartridges since 2014/2015. The last few times, I have only rotated the lever in one direction. That has prolonged the time frame, but the valves still fail. I have purchased an upgraded valve kit, which I haven't installed yet. I will be getting into that project during this time of covid isolation as soon as I can finish up some other home projects.
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never use this valve for this very reason. Just fill water from outside fill port and water hose.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John612 View Post
    Having some trouble with our Kant leak valve.
    -extremely hard to turn even after copious amount of lubricant.
    -washers/seals have slipped from their position which caused fresh tank to fill and overflow.
    -when you change positions, as in moving from city fixtures to normal, should you always turn the handle clockwise?

Thx,
    John
    John - as Gordo shared in his post #2 , we here on this forum with the early build GDRVs and the Kantleak water panel learned that the valve should only be turned in the same direction each time. Most of us share to turn in the clockwise direction. This was even shared by Anderson Valve (the Kantleak valve Manufacturer) to help prevent the rubber "O" rings from slipping of the cartridge resulting in water tank filling among other issues.

The second important thing to do was to release the water pressure in the panel before turning the valve. Most of us simply do so by turning on the hot and cold handles on the outside faucet.

Lastly, the cartridge does need to be periodically pulled and lubricated with plumbers grease as you shared. I plan to do this on ours this spring when I take it out of storage. If this does not work for some reason as you shared, I will replace the cartridge as Gordo suggested as well.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We keep an extra valve on hand. Actually we have a whole darned new panel stashed away in the trailer. Since acquiring this (right after a replaced valve) there haven't been any problems. As Dan said, turn only in one direction and release the pressure before turning.

Replacing the valve is fairly easy. I always wondered if anyone has ever found an O ring to use as a replacement.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    We keep an extra valve on hand. Actually we have a whole darned new panel stashed away in the trailer. Since acquiring this (right after a replaced valve) there haven't been any problems. As Dan said, turn only in one direction and release the pressure before turning.

Replacing the valve is fairly easy. I always wondered if anyone has ever found an O ring to use as a replacement.
    Marcy - we had an extra panel too sent to us by Janice from GDRV Service when or original panel had a leak at a fitting that a number of us experienced and shared on the forum and with GDRV. That panel was installed by Jerry's team when we had our walls replaced.

You may recall that some folks did look for replacement "O" rings and upon closer examination found that the "O" rings used on the cartridge are not actually the typical "O" ring. They were somewhat flat on the outside surface (maybe inner too) designed by Anderson Valve this way to work with the cartridge and panel assembly and stay put on the cartridge. Those folks who tried regular "O" rings found the rings missing from the cartridge after using the system. And, where did they go........hmm.....down the various water lines causing no problems or restricting water flow.

I do not recall anyone finding the correct flat "O" ring but it sure would be nice to learn if someone did so.

Dan
    Last edited by Canyonlight; 03-15-2021 at 03:42 PM.
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Marcy - we had an extra panel too sent to us by Janice from GDRV Service when or original panel had a leak at a fitting that a number of us experienced and shared on the forum and with GDRV. That panel was installed by Jerry's team when we had our walls replaced.

You may recall that some folks did look for replacement "O" rings and upon closer examination found that the "O" rings used on the cartridge are not actually the typical "O" ring. They were somewhat flat on the outside surface (maybe inner too) designed by Anderson Valve this way to work with the cartridge and panel assembly and stay put on the cartridge. Those folks who tried regular "O" rings found the rings missing from the cartridge after using the system. And, where did they go........hmm.....down the various water lines causing no problems or restricting water flow.

I do not recall anyone finding the correct flat "O" ring but it sure would be nice to learn if someone did so.

Dan
    Dan, you are correct about the "O" rings not being standard rings. The great mystery here is what happens the rings when they go missing- it can't be good !!!!

Gordo Fuchs
    Grounded due to Covid
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins