User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57
  1. #1
    Fireside Member Fivecodys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    94
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Another Valtera Twist On Valve Customer

    Like everyone else,
    I was getting the yucky juice when removing the dump cap.
    I took the advice of many on this forum and added the Valtera Twist On Valve.
    Problem was every place I looked was out of them except 'Walmart.com'.
    It is now in place and no more nastiness.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Valtera Twist On Valve.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	32683

    Thank you to all who commented on this fix earlier. You're a great resource!
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

  2. #2
    Rolling Along Buckskin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    North East Georgia, 2018 Imagine 2250RK
    Posts
    578
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did easy fix to Valterra T58 Twist On valve to prevent if from coming loose when removing sewer hose. Drilled a 1/8 hole at top where it connects to camper valve and took very short screw and ran it through Valera valve and camper connection. Now to remove Valtera valve you simply remove screw if it every needs to be replaced.

    Putting on Valterra T58 valve has saved me on several occasions when I didn't have everything connected correctly.

    Use one on your Thetford dump tank to prevent mess at dump station. When I get elbow into dump station trap I open Valtera gate valve - no more mess at dump station. Wish Thetford had gate valve like the Barker dump tanks.

    https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Waste-Va...terra/T58.html
    Last edited by Buckskin; 03-14-2021 at 04:14 AM.

  3. #3
    Seasoned Camper BeerBrewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    NY, Suffolk County, Long Island
    Posts
    309
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also use the Valterra valve and I use duct tape to keep it from falling off when removing the sewer hose. So far its worked fine.
    Last edited by BeerBrewer; 03-14-2021 at 08:36 AM.

  4. #4
    Site Sponsor TerryH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Springdale, Ar
    Posts
    265
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    I did easy fix to Valterra T58 Twist On valve to prevent if from coming loose when removing sewer hose. Drilled a 1/8 hole at top where it connects to camper valve and took very short screw and ran it through Valera valve and camper connection. Now to remove Valtera valve you simply remove screw if it every needs to be replaced.

    Putting on Valterra T58 valve has saved me on several occasions when I didn't have everything connected correctly.

    Use one on your Thetford dump tank to prevent mess at dump station. When I get elbow into dump station trap I open Valtera gate valve - no more mess at dump station. Wish Thetford had gate valve like the Barker dump tanks.

    https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Waste-Va...terra/T58.html
    Thanks for the tip! I'm going to do this today. Love the valve but sure is a sloppy fit.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

  5. #5
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,888
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    Like everyone else,
    I was getting the yucky juice when removing the dump cap.
    I took the advice of many on this forum and added the Valtera Twist On Valve.
    Problem was every place I looked was out of them except 'Walmart.com'.
    It is now in place and no more nastiness.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Valtera Twist On Valve.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	32683

    Thank you to all who commented on this fix earlier. You're a great resource!
    FYI. If you start having electrical issues, take your right angle adapter off. I have seen two go bad and leave the owner scratching his head not being able to find the problem. I'm not trying to say they're bad and don't use them. I'm saying people just don't think about those when/if electrical problems pop up.

    Red

    ON Edit. You have an 50 to 30 adapter which may or may not be a right angle adapter. Another PSA. When hooking a 50 amp coach to 30 amp service it's easy to draw enough amps to start melting the plug at the pedestal. I choose to plug the pig tail into the pedestal in case this happens and not damage a more expensive 30' extension cord. I do realize some people prefer to work with the lighter 30 amp cord versus the heavier 50 when not using the AC (s).
    Last edited by el Rojo; 03-14-2021 at 08:00 AM.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

  6. #6
    Site Sponsor JCR GD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Central Cal
    Posts
    2,878
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    Thanks for the tip! I'm going to do this today. Love the valve but sure is a sloppy fit.
    Just facing the valve the other direction will assist in keeping it on. Gravity can be a wonderful thing!

    Edit: of course that was specific to the orientation in the picture
    Last edited by JCR GD; 03-14-2021 at 08:16 AM.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH w/ Joy Rider shocks, Sailun 637s & 3" Garage extension, LifeBlue Lithium.
    2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toys:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE
    2018 Fiat Abarth Cabrio

  7. #7
    Site Sponsor avf100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Lancaster,ca
    Posts
    245
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X2 on the little screw mod to hold it on.
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

    2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

  8. #8
    Site Sponsor TerryH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Springdale, Ar
    Posts
    265
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Just facing the valve the other direction will assist in keeping it on. Gravity can be a wonderful thing!

    Edit: of course that was specific to the orientation in the picture
    I do have mine in the opposite orientation but still doesn't seem secure. We are boondockers and do some dirt roading. I'd hate to loose it. 1 small screw coming right up this afternoon.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

  9. #9
    Site Sponsor J Maguire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    255
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    I also use the Valterra valve and I use duct tape to keep it from falling off when removing the sewer hose. So far its worked fine.
    Silicone II works well for keeping it on semi-permanently.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

  10. #10
    Fireside Member Fivecodys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    94
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    FYI. If you start having electrical issues, take your right angle adapter off. I have seen two go bad and leave the owner scratching his head not being able to find the problem. I'm not trying to say they're bad and don't use them. I'm saying people just don't think about those when/if electrical problems pop up.

    Red

    ON Edit. You have an 50 to 30 adapter which may or may not be a right angle adapter. Another PSA. When hooking a 50 amp coach to 30 amp service it's easy to draw enough amps to start melting the plug at the pedestal. I choose to plug the pig tail into the pedestal in case this happens and not damage a more expensive 30' extension cord. I do realize some people prefer to work with the lighter 30 amp cord versus the heavier 50 when not using the AC (s).
    Good eye.
    Here at the house (where my trailer is stored) I only have 30 amp service for the trailer to plug into.
    The adapter/cord you see is only used for charging the batteries or turning on a few lights while we load or unload.
    We do not keep the trailer plugged in all the time.
    Thank you for your concern though. I appreciate it.
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.