User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    Problem was every place I looked was out of them except 'Walmart.com'.
    $44.43 on Walmart.com is pricey for what you're getting. I would need two of these for my 311BHS. For that kind of money, I'll continue using rubber gloves and a small bucket to catch what spills out when I open the cap.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In case anyone wants to do a little more than just a twist on valve, I did this to my toy hauler so I don't have to deal with this crap anymore. Ever. I hope.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post345502
    signature

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one also, a word to the wise if I had it to do over again and I still my do it is to get the one that I can permanently install, I tell you why like someone had mention but I was taken my hose off and the whole valve came off and yes even that stinky liquid came out and I tell you it was one of the worse day of my life, so I took some gorilla glue and glue all the taps. Other than that I love it but I'm thinking strongly on install one permanently.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I drilled small hole at top through Valterra valve and camper connection when installed and used very small screw that would just go through Valterra valve and camper connection. Now valve is permanent and easy to replace if every needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I have one also, a word to the wise if I had it to do over again and I still my do it is to get the one that I can permanently install, I tell you why like someone had mention but I was taken my hose off and the whole valve came off and yes even that stinky liquid came out and I tell you it was one of the worse day of my life, so I took some gorilla glue and glue all the taps. Other than that I love it but I'm thinking strongly on install one permanently.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another use for the valve... The two grey tanks never fill up equally. Since the shower and bathroom sink drains to one tank and the kitchen the other one. I use the valve to make the tanks fill up at the same rate.
    With the sewer tank valve closed, I close the Valterra valve and open both grey tank valves. This plumbs the grey tanks together and lets the tanks fill equally. To dump, I close the grey valves, open the black valve, dump that tank and flush. Then I close the black valve and open the two grey valves to empty those tanks. Then, I close the black valve and the Valterra valve, open both grey valves and leave them open. This leaves all the tanks drained and ready for the next trip. It may sound confusing but after a couple of times it will be easy to remember.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another thread had a link to etrailer, which promised fast shipping...but the valve appears to be on backorder.
    I found it on Camping World in stock, and with shipping about $32. Far, far better than what I was seeing last fall when I first started looking.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J Maguire View Post
    Silicone II works well for keeping it on semi-permanently.
    X2 - pictures below as shared a few times on similar threads and the orientation as Jim shared in his post #6 . Our local GDRV dealer has these in stock for mid 20ish dollars as I recall when we were there a couple weeks ago.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191009_160302.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	32705Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191009_160337.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	32706

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other than that I love it but I'm thinking strongly on install one permanently.
    It's funny that people say, "I've been using/doing such-and-such for years and never had a problem."
    Sure, you don't have a problem until you have one, then it's horrible - and I've had one like you did.

This is my permanent solution that I learned about from the video link.
    I'm assuming there's a reason plumbers don't use 1/4" plastic pin bayonet fittings in household sewer systems.

Name:	20210201_131308.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	32724

https://youtu.be/hblx8v7_uPk
    Last edited by jjbbrewer; 03-15-2021 at 10:02 PM.
    signature

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... Other than that I love it but I'm thinking strongly on install one permanently.
    I did a permanent install on mine. Mostly because I didn't like how far the add-on stuck out. Cut, glued never looked back!

Name:	Dump valve.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	32730
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a real possibility. What kind of glue did you use?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast