User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water leak at city inlet Nautilus system

Hi. I just received my used 2019 Momentum 376TH. I have connected to city water and found that I am leaking at the city water inlet on the Nautilis system in the water bay. It's a brisk leak, and I don't want to leave it this way even overnight. I have a pressure regulator at the campground spigot. I have an insulated hose, connected to a 90 degree brass elbow at the city water inlet. I have:
    Put on plumbers tape
    Removed plumbers tape
    Changed out 90 degree brass fitting
    Tried different 90 degree fitting with quick disconnect (without and with plumbers tape)

I think I may have damaged the plastic white city inlet connection on the Nautilis by stripping some of it or something? One of the original setups I tried didn't want to thread on, and I may have forced it a little bit or cross threaded it?

Anyone have suggestions? Is replacing the plastic city water inlet a difficult task?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welp, after trying every configuration I could think of, I started rooting around in my plumbing supplies bag, and saw that I had a couple of black rubber gaskets. I put one into the Nautilus city water inlet port, re-connected my preferred quick connect fittings to my 90 degree elbow with stopcock and VOILA. The recess within the inlet was simply too deep for my connecting piece, thus the leak. The rubber gasket filled that space, and no more leaking. Somtimes its the simple stuff. We officially move in tomorrow.

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a rubber hose washer inside the white fitting. I believe mine has a screen. That might be damaged or not seated properly. Teflon tape will only prevent loose connections through the threads so if it's a substantial leak or won't resolve. Where is the leak coming from? I had a brand new hose fall at the connection being the fitting.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_And_Desflurane View Post
    Welp, after trying every configuration I could think of, I started rooting around in my plumbing supplies bag, and saw that I had a couple of black rubber gaskets. I put one into the Nautilus city water inlet port, re-connected my preferred quick connect fittings to my 90 degree elbow with stopcock and VOILA. The recess within the inlet was simply too deep for my connecting piece, thus the leak. The rubber gasket filled that space, and no more leaking. Somtimes its the simple stuff. We officially move in tomorrow.
    Ha! Glad you figured it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    Is there a rubber hose washer inside the white fitting. I believe mine has a screen. That might be damaged or not seated properly. Teflon tape will only prevent loose connections through the threads so if it's a substantial leak or won't resolve. Where is the leak coming from? I had a brand new hose fall at the connection being the fitting.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_And_Desflurane View Post
    Congratulations. That was your first test; you passed. Trailers generally offer up at least a few tests each season, more if they are new, so stay sharp.

Enjoy your travels.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch