User Tag List

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cold Feet? Next Installment

If you read my previous thread, here's the next chapter...

Today was yard sale day. The house is now pretty much empty and we've been sleeping in the RV in the driveway for about a week. We've been packing up our lives for a while now and today was just another step in the process. When I walk through the empty house now, I notice things that I haven't thought about in a while: There are the scratches on the door from our dog who is no longer with us... out the kitchen window is the spot that DW and I were married... a little bit to the right of that spot in the front yard is the spot that my adult daughter asked me to adopt her... the list goes on.

As I walk through this empty shell of a house, I am reminded of how it was an empty shell when we moved in. It took time to change it from a house to a home and it has taken time to let it go.

Maybe this was a little too personal for some... I want to be honest that deciding to live in 300 Square feet or less is a very personal decision, and the process is not as simple as many will tell you. Don't get me wrong; We're not second guessing our decision. In fact, with each day we get closer to the big day, we're feeling more free and more sure that this is what we want to do.

Thanks for reading. I hope this helps someone who is considering this big change.
    Roger, Stacy and the Sophie the fur kid

2017 Solitude 300GK
    2015 Chev 2500 Diesel (replaced)
    2020 F350 DRW

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll With The Changes View Post
    If you read my previous thread, here's the next chapter...

Today was yard sale day. The house is now pretty much empty and we've been sleeping in the RV in the driveway for about a week. We've been packing up our lives for a while now and today was just another step in the process. When I walk through the empty house now, I notice things that I haven't thought about in a while: There are the scratches on the door from our dog who is no longer with us... out the kitchen window is the spot that DW and I were married... a little bit to the right of that spot in the front yard is the spot that my adult daughter asked me to adopt her... the list goes on.

As I walk through this empty shell of a house, I am reminded of how it was an empty shell when we moved in. It took time to change it from a house to a home and it has taken time to let it go.

Maybe this was a little too personal for some... I want to be honest that deciding to live in 300 Square feet or less is a very personal decision, and the process is not as simple as many will tell you. Don't get me wrong; We're not second guessing our decision. In fact, with each day we get closer to the big day, we're feeling more free and more sure that this is what we want to do.

Thanks for reading. I hope this helps someone who is considering this big change.
    I feel ya, the best of luck in your new chapter and safe travels. New memories are just around the corner.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite a paradigm shift.
    Good luck and happy trails
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A long time ago there was this kid who grew up on a small farm in South Dakota. He didn't have much and wasn't well traveled. He once told me that all we are ever doing is renting space in life. Pretty much anything you've ever owned in life was owned by someone before you and will be owned by someone after you. Quite a worldly view by a small town Midwest farm kid.

One exception I've found to that is your memories. It sounds like you've got some good ones. Hold onto those memories and enjoy making new ones! The new folks who will be renters of your former space will make their own memories too. Good luck with your future travels and go enjoy whatever your next rental may be!

p.s. Thanks dad for the advice. We miss you every day.....
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are getting ready to "roll with the changes".
    Next weekend is one of many garage sales. My wife has been having 2 or 3 sales for the past 2 years. Next Saturday and Sunday is a guy garage sale. I'm letting go of lots of "stuff". Lots of tools, high end electronics and a LOT of expensive ski and camping equipment.
    Hopefully someone else will enjoy my stuff and we get ready to hit the road just after the new year.
    Happy Glamping, KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fortis fortuna adiuvat...

The memories will travel with you...
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania