User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snuggle!!!!! LOL. We leave the gas furnace on 60 degrees. We do not leave any electric heat on while sleeping.

You might have some duct work for the gas heat that has come loose. Check your heat registers for airflow, that will be your first indicator. You will have to remove or slide the back wall in the storage bay forward to get to the duck work. It's not that hard.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_And_Desflurane View Post
    Here's an embarrassing newbie question--

How do you stay warm? I'm in a 376TH, which has 3 A/C's which provides me with 3 options of climate control from the One Control system: Living, Main, & Bedroom. Only the "Main" option allows for you to select heat, the other two are just A/C and fan. So I can heat the main living area of the couch with the furnace that way. However, when we go to bed and close the door (to keep the cat out), it gets cold in the bedroom. I've always been taught not to leave electric space heaters unattended, or on while asleep, since they can spark, short and do other funny things like catch fire...

Additionally, is it safe to leave the fake fire place thing on overnight to heat the main section of the coach and save propane? Or should I treat that the same as a traditional electric space heater and turn it off when I go to bed/leave the RV?

Thanks!
    You probably have a heat pump on the main unit, the other two are just AC units. Heat pumps are Ok until it gets real cold then they are pretty much useless. Then you also have the propane furnace and also the fireplace.
    Four years ago, when we first started looking at RVs again, we thought the fireplace was a silly gimmick, boy were we wrong. We have used it a lot and at night when we are sleeping set it to 70* so its not on all the time, while also having the furnace set in the high 60* so we get heat in the bedroom. The fireplace is the only electric heater we typically run while we are sleeping if it gets really cold, and we have camped in some pretty extreme winter weather. I should say I pull the fireplace out and keep it clean of dust and check the electrical connections behind it quarterly. I don't see a problem with having the fireplace on at night while sleeping. Otherwise in just chilly weather we just keep the propane furnace set in the high 70s.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I'll check it out. What kind of settings would someone want to change on an F450?
    There are numerous things. Here are some examples:
    -enable fog lights on with high beams
    -disable speed restriction for entering address in navigation system
    -show DPF% full screen
    -change tire size to calibrate speedometer
    -change fuel tank size to calibrate DTE calculation

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who do you guys like for insurance for full timing? I got a quote from Good Sam for about $1000/yr on a $58k rig. No idea if that's reasonable or not.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who do you guys like for insurance for full timing? I got a quote from Good Sam for about $1000/yr on a $58k rig. No idea if that's reasonable or not.
    What is your home state? I would check with them. If you are going with a mail forwarding service, several of them have locations in Texas, Florida, and North Dakota. (States with no income tax.)

Here in New Mexico, State Farm does provide full-timing RV insurance. Unfortunately, the states income tax is pretty high, do we will be going with Escapees and signing up for Texas. We will have to change everything over to Texas (DL, address, etc.) and find an insurance company in Texas that will insure full-timers.

I did get a quote from Progressive, but I'm not too keen on them, based on past experiences with them.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had pretty good luck with Geico when we lived in our Momentum. We still use Geico, but no longer have full time insurance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Often asked question, and it depends on what state your domicile is in, some states have more or better options than other states. And what an individual insurance company offers in one state, they may not offer in another.

Example here in Texas, State Farm does offer RV insurance but its not that good covering your RV and does not offer fulltime living RV insurance. Been through that before.
    We fulltime, we are members of Escapee's, our domicile is Livingston Texas, for our RV insurance we went with National General through Good Sam for fulltime. Also with our policy is loss of use, hotel accommodations, full replacement if total loss, towing, relocation due to loss of principle driver and other stuff. Our premium is $1600 / year but we added a lot of coverage. Our truck is not with them, it is still through State Farm out of the Livingston office. We will be looking at economics of combining both in one company.

Some fulltime people choose a company like USAA or other company and then have separate coverage through FMCA, AAA or similar. Also people will add supplemental coverage through places like SkyMed. Look at them all and figure out what's best for you.

Some people use USAA, Geico or others, but you have to ask the right questions and tell them you are fulltimers and for some companies you have to make them understand you have a trailer and not a motorhome.
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure you get insurance for full timers. It adds some liability protection like homeowners does. We use an agent, Farm and City Insurance out of Iowa. Right now we're with National General.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Everybody.

My wife and I have 3 nights of RV experience between us, in our lives. Those 3 nights came in the form of a Cruise America rental in Death Valley, just before COVID took off, in January 2020. Today we took possession of a used, 2019, gargantuan Momentum 376TH.

I am a nurse anesthetist, traveling around the country delivering high quality anesthesia care through various travel nursing contracts. My wife works remotely in a marketing job that she has held since 2011. I have done anesthesia work for some time, and for the past year and a half I did this work on a traveling basis, checking in and out of hotels, airbnb's, and hospital provided lodging. Those accommodations became kind of taxing on my wife and I, as some towns don't have decent extended stay hotels, and begging people to let us bring our dog and cat was stressful and sometimes impossible. So, towards the end of 2020, we decided to buy an RV and bring our home with us on each assignment.

We had been on the west coast for 4 years immediately preceding this adventure. We sold most of our stuff, packed a U-Haul trailer, and drove from CA to MO, where my current contract began on Feb 1. We struck a private deal with a seller on a Facebook RV forum. He agreed to delivery the RV from North Carolina to us in Missouri, for a few extra bucks. The seller ran into some title issues, and so the delivery was delayed by a month. In the meantime we rented a storage unit to store the stuff we planned to use in the RV, and checked in to an extended stay hotel. As inconvenient as I thought it was at the time, looking back, I think we lucked out, because much of February in Missouri was spent in the single digits, with some nights hitting -15F! We were OK being in a hotel instead of freezing and trying not to destroy our new to us RV.

Today we took possession of the RV. The seller backed it into a nice city park campsite for us. Next week I will trade in my Ram 1500 that I love, in order to buy a truck capable of hauling this thing. We are parked in Missouri until June. At which point we will head to Maine for the summer. Before we leave, I'm going to take an RV driving school course.

In the meantime, I'll be reading and posting on here a lot, as I try to figure out how to adjust to full timing from near zero experience. Please bear with me! It may be comical...
    I would also advise you to take a look at the Escapee's group, at https://member.escapees.com/. You don't have to join but you can get a lot of information from them on fulltiming, insurance health and vehicle, maintaining a domicile, RVers Online University, USPS mail and lots of other stuff. They also have a forum so you can get a lot of feedback from fulltimers. They also have webinars/training classes you can watch online, RVers Boot Camp is a good one for owners just starting out, lots of good information there.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all! I'm domiciled in Tennessee. I will check out the Escapees link above. I've been talking with Good Sam who writes quotes through National General. I'll probably just go with them for now, just to get a policy in place ASAP. I don't like being in this thing without insurance!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast