Hi Everybody.

My wife and I have 3 nights of RV experience between us, in our lives. Those 3 nights came in the form of a Cruise America rental in Death Valley, just before COVID took off, in January 2020. Today we took possession of a used, 2019, gargantuan Momentum 376TH.

I am a nurse anesthetist, traveling around the country delivering high quality anesthesia care through various travel nursing contracts. My wife works remotely in a marketing job that she has held since 2011. I have done anesthesia work for some time, and for the past year and a half I did this work on a traveling basis, checking in and out of hotels, airbnb's, and hospital provided lodging. Those accommodations became kind of taxing on my wife and I, as some towns don't have decent extended stay hotels, and begging people to let us bring our dog and cat was stressful and sometimes impossible. So, towards the end of 2020, we decided to buy an RV and bring our home with us on each assignment.

We had been on the west coast for 4 years immediately preceding this adventure. We sold most of our stuff, packed a U-Haul trailer, and drove from CA to MO, where my current contract began on Feb 1. We struck a private deal with a seller on a Facebook RV forum. He agreed to delivery the RV from North Carolina to us in Missouri, for a few extra bucks. The seller ran into some title issues, and so the delivery was delayed by a month. In the meantime we rented a storage unit to store the stuff we planned to use in the RV, and checked in to an extended stay hotel. As inconvenient as I thought it was at the time, looking back, I think we lucked out, because much of February in Missouri was spent in the single digits, with some nights hitting -15F! We were OK being in a hotel instead of freezing and trying not to destroy our new to us RV.

Today we took possession of the RV. The seller backed it into a nice city park campsite for us. Next week I will trade in my Ram 1500 that I love, in order to buy a truck capable of hauling this thing. We are parked in Missouri until June. At which point we will head to Maine for the summer. Before we leave, I'm going to take an RV driving school course.

In the meantime, I'll be reading and posting on here a lot, as I try to figure out how to adjust to full timing from near zero experience. Please bear with me! It may be comical...