User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    You'll find many of us use that valve. It not only protects you from getting wet when you go dump it also works as a great equalizer if you have 2 gray tanks.

Very true. We've been doing this for the last 4 years. Now we can both take 4-5 showers all week plus dishes and other washing and still not fill the equalized tanks. We dry camp at Michigan State Parks. My wife and I can go 15 days (using the park showers) and not have to use the "blue thing" at all!
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    I think that's more-or-less correct. Quite a few 310GK owners have the problem, but maybe I've noticed that just because we own one of those. There are many GD trailers - or maybe models of trailers - that don't have the problem.

So yes, fill your tanks, dump them, and go for a drive. Then keep your boots well back as you open the dump cap. If there's nothing there, you'll have to resign yourself to not enjoying this particular part of the Grand Design experience.

I have the Reflection 300RBTS trailer and I have the problem! I have yet to buy the valve, I was in the process of trying to figure out what was going on when I ran into this thread! First thought I had a leaking valve!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PTParker View Post
    I have the Reflection 300RBTS trailer and I have the problem! I have yet to buy the valve, I was in the process of trying to figure out what was going on when I ran into this thread! First thought I had a leaking valve!
    Here's the valve:

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T58-...s%2C183&sr=8-2

NOTE: third-party seller. The valves are in and out of stock everywhere since trailer sales exploded after the pandemic struck. You might want to wait for it to return to Amazon's own warehouses, or check local dealers.

And yes, this poorly-configured dump pathway issue is a FAR more common problem than leaking valves. The latter is simple to check: thoroughly dump your full tanks and drain dry at a full-hookup campsite, put the cap back on, then DON'T go for a drive after you've done it. If you've got more than a few drips at the cap the next day then you've got a leaking valve. Odds are that you won't.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I talked with GD about the problem on my new unit, it was clear that they knew about it. They recommended installing an after market valve instead of having warranty work done. I recommended they start putting them on the RVs with this problem or fix the problem instead of leaving it to the end user. Had the warranty work performed and it made no difference; bought the valve and that was the perfect solution.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issue, always had residual left over after dumping. I had to bring along a bucket to catch what was in the line and dump it
    down the sewer hook up line. I had warranty work done, and requested as well that they put the valve on. GD covered all the
    cost. I have no complaint. Problem fixed. The bucket is now used for storage.

Where are you guys using the screw to hold the valve on? Haven't seen that being done.
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2022 367 BHS and the third time was the charm. Ordered the gate valve today. I tested this and am almost certain there is some residual that moves to the valve after travel. I've emptied them completely driven to next park and BAM! 1/2 gallon of junk dumps on my arm. After reading this thread it seems like it is a common problem with GD and the gate valve is the best bet. Is it worth going back to the dealer? My thought is no. I'm on the move and don't feel like dealing with the hassle.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RenoMc View Post
    2022 367 BHS and the third time was the charm. Ordered the gate valve today. I tested this and am almost certain there is some residual that moves to the valve after travel. I've emptied them completely driven to next park and BAM! 1/2 gallon of junk dumps on my arm. After reading this thread it seems like it is a common problem with GD and the gate valve is the best bet. Is it worth going back to the dealer? My thought is no. I'm on the move and don't feel like dealing with the hassle.
    It is a quick fix for $25. Great piece of mind.
    For others - You can find this valve at many locations even maybe campground stores for a few bucks more.
    I have since seen them at Wal-Mart, Cabelas, and campingground stores.
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123