User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broken water line 310GK

I thought I had blown out the lines but something didn't at any rate I have a leak that must be a broken line to the sink. Has anyone dropped the rear underbelly? Does the whole piece need to be removed or can it be cut and patched.
    2020 Solitude 310 GKR

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmithrr View Post
    I thought I had blown out the lines but something didn't at any rate I have a leak that must be a broken line to the sink. Has anyone dropped the rear underbelly? Does the whole piece need to be removed or can it be cut and patched.
    Yes, and yes.

Haven't done it myself, but my impression is that many people release one or both sides of the chloroplast and then wrestle it back into place. However I've seen reports by a few people who cut "hatches" into the chloroplast to access components above them and then re-sealed with tape.

If I was REALLY helpful I'd be able to advise you about the tape they've used for re-sealing the hatches, something that obviously has to stand up to the elements and the buffeting, but I cannot remember what it is. Maybe one of those who have done this will show up. Chances of that would improve if you re-titled your thread to reference working on the underbelly rather than an un-specific reference to a water line.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use this tape if you cut it open.

https://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Belly-.../dp/B00FYV9P4W
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD