User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Are Battery temperature sensors - worth it for Flooded (lead acid) battery charging?

I am in the process of choosing a inverter/charger and the units I am looking at can be equipped with an optional battery temperature sensor. Do they help enough to be worth it. Is there faster and better charging?

My battery bank is 4 6V Crown CR-260 batteries in a series parallel 12V operation

Hopefully someone has real experience here.

Thanks
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel. Reese R20 Titan hitch, Steadyfast system, 2004 F350 6.0 Diesel King Ranch dually, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus and Solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    I am in the process of choosing a inverter/charger and the units I am looking at can be equipped with an optional battery temperature sensor. Do they help enough to be worth it. Is there faster and better charging?

My battery bank is 4 6V Crown CR-260 batteries in a series parallel 12V operation

Hopefully someone has real experience here.

Thanks
    Not sure about the temp sensor but definitely make sure you get a pure sine wave inverter.
    Long Island, New York

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, if the battery temp exceeds the limits it slows/ shuts down the process. If a battery is allowed to get to hot through the recharging process, it can damage it . I use one on both my boat as well as camper. On my boat I actually have an additional sensor on my alternator for the same reason.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM