Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Are Battery temperature sensors - worth it for Flooded (lead acid) battery charging?

I am in the process of choosing a inverter/charger and the units I am looking at can be equipped with an optional battery temperature sensor. Do they help enough to be worth it. Is there faster and better charging?

My battery bank is 4 6V Crown CR-260 batteries in a series parallel 12V operation

Hopefully someone has real experience here.

Thanks
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    I am in the process of choosing a inverter/charger and the units I am looking at can be equipped with an optional battery temperature sensor. Do they help enough to be worth it. Is there faster and better charging?

My battery bank is 4 6V Crown CR-260 batteries in a series parallel 12V operation

Hopefully someone has real experience here.

Thanks
    Not sure about the temp sensor but definitely make sure you get a pure sine wave inverter.
    Long Island, New York

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, if the battery temp exceeds the limits it slows/ shuts down the process. If a battery is allowed to get to hot through the recharging process, it can damage it . I use one on both my boat as well as camper. On my boat I actually have an additional sensor on my alternator for the same reason.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM