User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmithjr1851 View Post
    I have a GD 2600RB and the remote temperature sensor is terrible. My question is wouldn't a conventional RV thermostat fix the problem rather than having to run a second thermostat for the furnace? Will a Furrion AC work with any digital thermostat...or does it have to be the Furrion thermostat? I've been researching this with little luck...even Furrion doesn't respond to this question.
    I suppose anything is possible
    Just a matter of finding what wire goes where but you may lose features like the “dry” option that other units do not have and is quite nice imo
    I have protruded the room sensor out through the filter on mine and the furnace works A1.
    Haven’t used the A/C yet to give an opinion on its operation

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put the temperature sensor through the filter as well and it helps somewhat. I can live without the dry function. But a conventional thermostat that has a built in temperature sensor (like every other thermostat I've ever had) would fix the problem ...assuming it was compatible with a Furrion AC.
    Furrion makes the assumption people are content to run the AC blower 24/7. The amount of noise it makes plus the problem while dry camping never occurred to them. I suspect they never consulted with an RVer when they designed the system.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put the temperature sensor through the filter as well and it helps somewhat. I can live without the dry function. But a conventional thermostat that has a built in temperature sensor (like every other thermostat I've ever had) would fix the problem ...assuming it was compatible with a Furrion AC.
    Furrion makes the assumption people are content to run the AC blower 24/7. The amount of noise it makes plus the problem while dry camping never occurred to them. I suspect they never consulted with an RVer when they designed the system.
    I guess I don’t understand “it helps somewhat”
    Mine runs to the desired temp and shuts off and on perfectly. What issues are you still having?

The dry feature will be great to remove moisture in the morning without running the A/C and turning the trailer into an icebox. I imagine I will use this feature daily
    YMMV

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being in the desert southwest humidity isn't an issue for me but I can see the dry mode being useful otherwise. But the ceiling temperature doesn't reflect the room temperature and after a day of traveling I'm having to turn the thermostat way up to run the furnace. As the room temperature equalizes I have to keep turning the thermostat down otherwise it gets really hot. The temperature sensor needs to be located in the thermostat and not in the ceiling.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a GD 2600RB and the remote temperature sensor is terrible. My question is wouldn't a conventional RV thermostat fix the problem rather than having to run a second thermostat for the furnace? Will a Furrion AC work with any digital thermostat...or does it have to be the Furrion thermostat? I've been researching this with little luck...even Furrion doesn't respond to this question.
    To answer your question....NO, a traditional thermostat will not work with the Furrion as it only uses a 2 wire communication bus between the control box and the thermostat unlike most other manufacturer's that have have individual control wires for the furnace, AC compressor and fan.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply.
    Are you saying the furnace wires are tied into the AC and not the thermostat?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply.
    Are you saying the furnace wires are tied into the AC and not the thermostat?
    That is correct. The furnace control wires go directly to the AC control box and not the thermostat.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xnip2021-03-13_11-16-07.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	33692Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xnip2021-03-13_11-15-48.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	33690Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xnip2021-03-13_11-16-38.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	33691
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume this means the furnace won't run at all on battery (I haven't tried yet)?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume this means the furnace won't run at all on battery (I haven't tried yet)?
    Yes of course it does

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume Furrion knows best in this design...although I'm not seeing it. Thanks for the help.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast