User Tag List

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmithjr1851 View Post
    I assume this means the furnace won't run at all on battery (I haven't tried yet)?
    Yes, it will run on battery power only. The Furrion thermostat and control box function on 12vdc but the blower does not. So you can still run the furnace without shore power (i.e. boondocking).
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find the A/C blower running with the furnace so annoying that I turn off the breaker for the A/C when I'm running the furnace.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    I find the A/C blower running with the furnace so annoying that I turn off the breaker for the A/C when I'm running the furnace.
    You can change the fan setting to off when running the furnace and the AC blower will not turn on....no need to kill the breaker.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavysledz View Post
    You can change the fan setting to off when running the furnace and the AC blower will not turn on....no need to kill the breaker.
    I have tried that, and the Furrion thermostat is so goofy, the only way to get it to run the way we wanted was to trip the breaker. I don't remember the exact problem, but I will have to try your suggestion at the next opportunity (hopefully not until the fall!).
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    I have tried that, and the Furrion thermostat is so goofy, the only way to get it to run the way we wanted was to trip the breaker. I don't remember the exact problem, but I will have to try your suggestion at the next opportunity (hopefully not until the fall!).
    The thermostat has 4 fan settings: "O" OFF, "L" LOW, "H" HIGH, "A" AUTO. You select the heat mode by repeatedly pushing the MODE button until you see "F" displayed then let go of the MODE button. After 3 seconds, it will activate the furnace mode. Once you have the furnace set to the desired temperature, you can now use the FAN button to cycle thru the 4 fan modes. If you do not want the AC blower to run while the furnace is on, select "O" OFF. If you only want it to run while the furnace is on select "A" AUTO. If you want it to run constantly even when the furnace is off, select either "L" LOW or "H" HIGH....I hope this helps.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    USMC Veteran

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just tested out the furnace this past weekend on our 2600RB maiden voyage. I was able to set the fan speed to O which I assume is off. This kept the fan in the a/c unit from turning on with the furnace. I just tested to make sure everything worked so didn’t let it run a full cycle. I know I’ll have to move the temp sensor in the a/c unit if I don’t want the furnace to cook me out of the trailer if I’m just going to use the furnace blower only when boondocking.
    2020 F250 XLT Premium Iconic Silver 4x4 7.3 3.55 Payload-3268 lbs.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    Previous - 2015 Keystone Passport Elite 23RB
    Previous - 2015 Nissan Titan Pro 4x

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just received my Imagine 2790RL. I can confirm that the Furrion AC unit still has the temp probe installed in the return air plenum. Given my short experience with this, it is hard to see how the mfg. could let this design flaw go on as long as it has. It is the ONLY issue I have with my new TT. I did what others have suggested and pulled the probe through the grill screen. That helps marginally. it's June and I'm using the AC now. I have a second AC in the front of the TT. The two units do not play well together at all because of the probe issue. With the second AC running, the cold air is sort of back-fed through the Furrion with the result that the temp reads 60 deg, when it is in fact 80 deg (I have a thermometer mounted next to the thermostat). I have to turn the front unit off, let the temp probe stabilize closer to real temperature before I can get the Furrion to respond. Or, I can cheat it by holding the probe with my finger for a moment just to get the unit to kick on. Either way, it is a ridiculous design. Which is sad, because other than the temp sensing, the Furrion AC works very well. As it is, the AC will cycle unnecessarily as it turns on, the temp probe cools down abnormally, then turns off. The bottom line is that the warm air side isn't thermally isolated enough from the rest of the system to reliably report room temp. It is simply poor engineering, that I would hope Furrion and GD eventually own and fix this problem and put the thermocouple back where it belongs, in the wall thermostat. For now, I plan on purchasing the $40 temp probe relocation kit. The fact that someone is making a lot of money fixing the problem outside of the OEM says something about the reality of the incredibly poor design.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IowaTraveler View Post
    Just received my Imagine 2790RL. I can confirm that the Furrion AC unit still has the temp probe installed in the return air plenum. Given my short experience with this, it is hard to see how the mfg. could let this design flaw go on as long as it has. It is the ONLY issue I have with my new TT. I did what others have suggested and pulled the probe through the grill screen. That helps marginally. it's June and I'm using the AC now. I have a second AC in the front of the TT. The two units do not play well together at all because of the probe issue. With the second AC running, the cold air is sort of back-fed through the Furrion with the result that the temp reads 60 deg, when it is in fact 80 deg (I have a thermometer mounted next to the thermostat). I have to turn the front unit off, let the temp probe stabilize closer to real temperature before I can get the Furrion to respond. Or, I can cheat it by holding the probe with my finger for a moment just to get the unit to kick on. Either way, it is a ridiculous design. Which is sad, because other than the temp sensing, the Furrion AC works very well. As it is, the AC will cycle unnecessarily as it turns on, the temp probe cools down abnormally, then turns off. The bottom line is that the warm air side isn't thermally isolated enough from the rest of the system to reliably report room temp. It is simply poor engineering, that I would hope Furrion and GD eventually own and fix this problem and put the thermocouple back where it belongs, in the wall thermostat. For now, I plan on purchasing the $40 temp probe relocation kit. The fact that someone is making a lot of money fixing the problem outside of the OEM says something about the reality of the incredibly poor design.
    Ummm. One call to Grand Design and they will ship the kit out for free you know

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Ummm. One call to Grand Design and they will ship the kit out for free you know

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    With 2 air conditioners do we need 2 temp probe relocation kits?
    2022 Imagine 2670MK - ProPride - TV Ram 1500
    2018 Isata-3 24FW - Toad 2019 Wrangler 2.0 Turbo
    2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA - Toad 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    2011 Spree 323RLS, 2007 Zeppelin 281- TV Armada

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caswelld View Post
    With 2 air conditioners do we need 2 temp probe relocation kits?
    If they are Furrion
    Do you have a trailer yet?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast